The Jewish United Fund relies on you to support social service programs and initiatives, volunteer to help those in need, and to act as leaders and participants in political, social and community activities.
- Connect with the 20- to 40-something Chicago Jewish community through the Young Leadership Division.
- Whatever your career path, the Trades, Industries & Professions Divisions offers networking opportunities unique to your professional interests.
- Help organize and promote enrichment programs and lectures for your congregation in association with JUF’s Congregations Division.
- Join the Women’s Division and support JUF’s philanthropic efforts through educational, cultural and community programming.
- Give continuously for 50 years and join JUF’s honored society, Golden Givers.
- Give continuously for 25 years and join JUF’s honored society, the Silver Circle.
- Give continuously for 10 years and join JUF's honored Sinai Society.
- Give continuously for 5 years and join JUF's honored Tzedakah Society.
Social Service Opportunities
- Participate in a JUF Mission and travel to Israel, Eastern Europe, South America or Northern Africa and see your JUF dollars at work.
- Volunteer with JUF’s Tikkun Olam Volunteers and participate is seasonal Merry Mitzvot or Mitzvah Mania projects
- Become a J-CERT volunteer and serve on a cadre of volunteers who are prepared to work with agency staff in the event of a community emergency.
- Work with Partnership 2000 and volunteer in Kiryat Gat, Lachish and Shafir during your next visit to Israel.
- Students are invited to join the Israel Initiative on their college campus or to participate in JUF’s high school journalism and advocacy program, Write On for Israel.
- Donate now to the Annual Campaign.
- Donate now to the Israel Emergency Campaign and let the people of Israel know they are not alone.
- Get in touch with the Jewish Community Relations Council and take an active role in issues affecting the Chicago Jewish community.
- Weigh in on important government affairs and familiarize yourself with legislation relevant to the Jewish community.
- Underwrite a social service project that has special meaning to you or your family by making a Continuum gift
- Leave a legacy to your Jewish community with a Centennial Campaign gift.
- Honor or remember a friend or loved one with a Memorials & Celebrations gift.