Welcome! !ברוך הבא
The Chicago Board of Rabbis brings together over 180 rabbis representing the Conservative, Orthodox, Reconstructionist and Reform streams of Jewish life.
Please click here to find synagogues and institutions in the Chicago area welcome individuals and families who are not currently members to participate in their services. Please contact them directly for all the details and times of services. You may contact the Board of Rabbis with any questions at 312-444-2896.
Rosh Hashanah: Sunday evening, October 2, Monday, October 3 and Tuesday, October 4
Yom Kippur: Tuesday evening, October 11, Wednesday, October 12
I'm looking for...
New to Chicago? Find great resources here if you've just moved to the Windy City
Divrei Torah, Podcasts (available to member rabbis only - Listen to speakers from all of our events
The CBR works:
• To enhance the interest of k’lal Yisrael in the Chicago area, in the United States, in Israel and wherever Jews may be.
• To encourage and promote Rabbinic growth and development through continued and expanded opportunities for study and communal service.
• To raise and maintain standards of the Rabbinic profession and strengthen the bonds of fellowship among its members.
• To foster united action among Rabbis, with due regard to the autonomy of the various Rabbinic groupings; to the halachic discipline of the individual members and their loyalty to their respective Rabbinic organizations.
• To interpret the role of the Rabbi as a guide to his/her people and a guardian of the religious interests of Chicago Jewry in all its endeavor.
The CBR promotes and enriches Jewish learning and living through programming and its work supporting the Jewish Healing Network of Chicago, administered by Jewish Child & Family Services in collaboration with CJE SeniorLife, the Chicago Board of Rabbis and Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, Jewish Chaplains in area hospitals, and as co-producers with the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago of Sanctuary, a quarterly television show.
Leave us some feedback!