Israel Education Center
JUF's Israel Education Center connects Hillel and non-Hillel college campuses, high school students and summer camp participants with Israel through education and advocacy.
- Develop broad support for Israel
- Strengthen and expand Israel advocacy
- Engage teens, college students, faculty, and administration on Israel
What We Do
JCRC/Hillel Israel Initiative motivates and educates Illinois college students, faculty and staff at 16 Hillel campuses to promote support for Israel on campus and beyond
Reach Across Illinois Campuses for Israel motivates and educates college students, faculty and staff at 10 non-Hillel campuses to promote support for Israel on campus and beyond
Modern Israel Curriculum in Catholic high schools, a partnership with the Archdiocese of Chicago, educates Catholic high school students in 13 schools about Israel as part of their regular curriculum in classes from science to literature
JUF/JF’s Israel Studies Project brings Israeli academics to teach at 4 target universities in Illinois
Write On for Israel, a partnership with JUF News, is an intensive two-year program that educates a select group of Jewish high school students from 12 area schools to become advocates for Israel
Modern Israel History Program brings the vision of Israel to life using the unique environments of Jewish residential summer camps
Jewish youth movements and teen groups collaborate with JUF’s Israel Education Center to create a lasting bridge between high school students and Israel through educational and advocacy programs
A Sampling of Programs Supported by the Israel Education Center
- Campus Lecture: Israel, Iran, and the West
- Israel Advocacy Fly-Ins to Washington D.C.
- Guest Lecture Opportunities
- Israel Fellows Program: Outstanding young Israelis placed on key campuses as peer ambassadors
- Non-Jewish student missions to Israel
- Jewish Teen Radio: J-TEEN
- Non-Jewish faculty trips to Israel: 2010 Photo Album
Learn About Israel Advocacy
- Download the Israel 101 Guide (PDF) and gain insight on key issues within the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Learn where each political party in Israel belongs on the political spectrum (PDF).
On Campus Advocacy
- IEC Playbook
- Discover how you can utilize various campus resources (PDF) for your organization or program.
- Learn about basic advocacy (PDF) on college campuses.
- Read the Anatomy of a Letter (PDF) and Letter Writing Tips (PDF) to submit an excellent letter to your campus newspaper.
Responding to Anti-Israel Sentiment
- Learn how to fight BDS: Anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Campaigns
- Download a primer on the British Union of Colleges and Universities boycott (PDF) of Israeli academic institutions.
- Read about the anti-Semitic and violent political charter (PDF) of Hamas.
- Discover how you can respond to unfounded claims of ‘Israeli apartheid’ (PDF).
Israel in the Media
- "High Court rejects petition against 'Nakba Law' " - JPOST.com Staff
- "Magic Wand for Streaming Video Snags" - by David Benovadia, Israel 21c
- "Israel Acts to Plug Brain-Drain" - by David Rosenberg, The Media Line
|The Israel Education Center is on Facebook!
"Like" the Israel Education Center!
The Israel Education Center and its projects are generously supported by: The Avi Chai Foundation, The Crown Family Foundation, Barbara and Larry Field, The Larry Goodman Family Foundation, The Judd Malkin Family Foundation, The Harvey L. Miller Family Foundation, The Jack and Goldie Wolfe Miller Fund, Gene and Delores Zemsky, and an Incentive Funding Grant from the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago