The Guide to Jewish Living offers a comprehensive, up-to-date listing of Chicago-area Jewish organizations, resources, products, and services.
The Guide is a tool to enable people who need/desire services to identify service providers. As a directory, the Guide is based on specific organizing principles:
- Only organizations, businesses, and individuals that are deemed to provide specific services, products, or information that directly pertain to, support, or enhance Jewish life are listed in the Guide.
- The purpose in producing a directory is to point users to resources, which they then must assess for themselves. Only brief, direct descriptions of products/services can be accommodated. The Guide is not a brochure, but does offer advertising opportunities.
- Use of the Guide should be quick, easy, and reliable. The Guide accomplishes this through three points of reference: table of contents, indexes, and individual listings.
- As a free directory produced by a nonprofit organization, the Guide adheres to a strict budget; therefore, it is not feasible to print multiple listing of individual entities.
- The publisher maintains standards of tone, style, and organizational structure, as well as editorial, advertising, and production deadlines that apply to all organizations listed.
- The publisher reserves the right to determine the content and placement of the listings, and cannot be held liable for the accuracy or completeness of the information presented.