Senior Applications Developer
Department: Information Systems and Services
The Senior Applications Developer defines and designs applications system requirements for the solution of moderately difficult business problems, or for segments of more complex problems, and develops the required objects, forms and reports.
- Writes new programs of high complexity and scope, working with basic applications systems designs and specifications, and utilizing standard procedures, techniques and best practices.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications programs as needed.
- Provides direction, mentoring and support to Application Developers in the development of complex programs.
- Plans the full range of programming actions needed to achieve desired end results on complex problems.
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
- Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IS systems that can be applied to a problem.
- Develops or assists in the development of project plans, schedules, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently.
- Recommends plans for user and resource management approvals.
- Helps the Software Architect with the planning and building of the full range of Architecture and Infrastructure Environment.
- BS or BA in computer science or related technical field preferred, or a corresponding number of years’ experience in data processing
- 7 + years of software development experience in medium to large size corporate environments with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity of projects and applications
- 7+ years of experience building web based software solutions
- 6+ years of solid Visual Studio, C# and ASP.NET experience
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing with Microsoft SQL Server, 2010 a plus
- 3+ years of experience with SOA, business process modeling, SOAP and Web Services
- Extensive experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server processes and task management, automated build and unit testing
- Programming experience with XML, XSL, AJAX, HTML, Java Script, WF, WCF
- Experience designing and developing with Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g a plus
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Windows Forms and Rich Clients preferred
- Experience with mobile architecture, design and development is a plus
- 4+ years systems design work experience and additional advanced study preferred
- Full project life-cycle experience encompassing analysis, design, coding and implementation of large scale OO systems
- Practical experience with multiple development methodologies with emphasis on architecture modeling, metrics, unit testing and test-driven development is preferred
- Ability to integrate procedural steps and processes with technical requirements and system functions
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Collaborative approach to design issues, leadership and problem solving
- Strong business and requirements analysis, training and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage and execute multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong attention to detail
- Active .NET MCSD or an equivalent is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills
To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter, and any other requirements listed above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.