(nee Schayer) 90. Beloved wife of the late Max A. Abrams. Devoted mother of Ronald (Shira) Abrams and Rosalyn (Rabbi Abraham) Cooper. Proud grandmother of Schuyler (Sarah) Abrams, Shlomit (Rabbi Ben) Wolff, Gila (Avi) Needle, Margalit Cooper and Raacheli Cooper. Cherished great-grandmother of 13. Dear sister of Sarah (the late Sidney) Lorber, the late Julius (Toby) Schayer, the late Charlotte (the late Peter and the late Ernie) Novetsky Minkel, the late Jetta (Nate) Friedman and the late Norton (Gitty) Schayer. Fond sister -in-law of Seymour J. Abrams, the late Esther (the late Paul) Lehrfeld and the late Jack (The Late Sylvia) Abramowitz. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Waldheim. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund.
ALBAUM, DORIS CLARE
(nee Pinchuk) 81. Beloved wife of the late Paul Albaum. Loving mother of Andrea (Paul Feinstein) Albaum-Feinstein and Jeffrey (Karen) Albaum. Adored grandma of Glen, Melanie and Scott. Cherished sister of the late Esther (late Harry) Poholsky and the late Shirley (late Dr. Arthur) Wittenstein. Treasured aunt of many. The Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to CJE Senior Life (Lieberman Center Library), attn Develoent Dept., 3003 W. Touhy Ave., Chicago, IL 60645. The Goldman Funeral Group.
ARKIN, SHELDON B.
79. Beloved husband of Sharon (nee Taylor). Loving father of Debbi (Peter) Lindstrom, Caryn Berghoff (Tom) Lood and Laura (David) Fishman. Proud grandfather of Erika (Mike) Moon, Brad and Brittney Lindstrom, Morgan Lood, Courtney Berghoff and Joshua Lood, Emily and Hailey Fishman.Cherished great-grandfather of Hannah. Dear brother of Kenneth (Judy) Arkin. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorial Park. Memorials to Temple Judea-Mizpah, 8610 Niles Center Road, Skokie, IL 60077 or to North Suburban Leukemia Research Foundation (NSLR) 3520 Lake Ave, Suite 202, Wilmette, IL 60091-1064, www.leukemia-research.org . Chicago Jewish Funerals.
AUERBACH, MANUEL "MANNY"
88. Beloved husband of Sheri (nee Nathan). Loving father of Marsha (Larry) Shtulman, Larry (Adelle) Auerbach and Vicki (Gary) Bernstein. Adoring Papa of Jordan (Shea Anderson) Shtulman, Caree Shtulman (James Wenzbauer), Benjamin, Daniel and Zachary Auerbach, Lynsie and Carlee Bernstein. Dear brother of the late Max and Sol Auerbach. Fond uncle of many. Shalom Memorial Park. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
(nee Lyon) 81. Beloved wife of the late Leonard Baylen. Devoted mother of Ben Baylen, Sheryl (Tim) Purcell, Howard (Stacey) Baylen and the late Melody (Ron) Cain. Cherished grandmother of Adam, Cory, Amber, Brad, Nathan, Logan and Jake. Weinstein Funeral Home. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to Crohn's Foundation (www.ccfa.org).
(nee Nemerosky) 94. Beloved wife of the late Samuel. Loving mother of Rita (Sidney) Mathias and Ilene Becker. Adored bubby of Rabbi Elliot (Shira) and Rabbi Scott (Ilana) Mathias. Proud great-grandmother of Binyamin, Yonason, Yehuda, Aviva, Gila and Batya. The Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center, 9603 Woods Dr., Skokie, IL 60077. The Goldman Funeral Group.
Dear sister of Allen (Madge) and the late Nathan. Adored aunt of Andrea (Joel) Dalinka, Deborah Beerman (Jason) Nierman and David Beerman. Cherished great-aunt of Hannah, Kate, Evan, Cole, and Alex. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee Kapust). Beloved wife of the late Philip. Devoted mother of Barry (Joan) Bergman and Diana (Jeffrey) Waitzman. Proud grandmother of Fawn (Brad) Grattidge, Kit Bergman, Donna (the late Ken) Dong, Martin (Susan) Pirolli, Philip (Heather) Waitzman, Melissa Waitzman, and Adam (Jodie) Waitzman. Cherished great-grandmother of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals Chapel. Shalom.
BERKE, HERMAN "HY"
89. Beloved husband and soul mate of Rose. Loving father of Jay (Marcia), Terry (Kathy), Elyse (Myles) O'Desky and Mindy (Larry) Koehler. Devoted and adored Gramps of Stacey (Edmund), Aaron (Robin), Ryan (Lauren), Joshua (Claudia), Matthew, Andrea, Michael, Jacob and Rachel. Cherished great-grandfather of fifteen and counting. Treasured uncle of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Association or the American Heart Association.
BERNSTEIN, EVELYN R.
(nee Rosenberg) .Beloved wife of the late Bernard "Bernie" B. Bernstein. Devoted mother of Roy (Ellen) Bernstein and the late Lee Jay Bernstein. Proud grandmother of Sam, Sarah, Molly and Isaac. Dear sister of the late Helen (Harold) Newmark. Shalom Memorial Park Cemetery. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Ida Crown Jewish Academy, 2828 West Pratt Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60645, www.icja.org or to Congregation Or Torah, 3800 Dempster Street, Skokie, IL 60076. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
BIESCHKE, RICHARD R.
63. Beloved husband of Gail (nee Schwartz). Devoted father of Matthew (Deborah Lerner) and Tim (Claudia) Bieschke. Cherished grandfather of Emerson Luca and TBA Bieschke. Dear brother of Bob (the late Dale) Bieschke. Loving nephew of Grace Baske. Loving unvcle to many. Oak Park Temple. Waldheim. Memorials to the Oak Park Temple Library or to the Ronald McDonald House Charities, One Kroc Dr., Oak Brook, 60523. Chesed v'Emet.
(nee Wagman) 69. Beloved wife for 48 to Elliot. Loving mother of Maris and Jay (Stacey). Cherished grandma of Tyler, Bradley and Grant. Dear sister of Ida (Mike) Anger.
Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Randhill Park Cemetery. Memorials to Gilda's Club, 537 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654.
(nee Freedman). Beloved wife of Morton. Devoted mother of David (Kelly), Brian (Mimi), Steven (Lauren) and Jon (Wendy). Proud and loving "Omi" of Brett (Susy) Borkan, Lindsay Borkan, Samantha Borkan, Miranda Borkan, Jaime Borkan, James Wright and Katie Wright. Great-grandmother of Olivia. Dearest sister of the late Sherry Gerber and Robert Freedman. Dear aunt of Dr. Gail (Dr. Erik Yelgelwel) Gerber, Dr. Donna Gerber and Dean (Minda) Gerber. Fond sister -in-law of Ted (Phyllis ) Borkan. Loving aunt to many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Play for P.I.N.K., The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 60 East 56th St., 8th Floor, New York, NY 10022, or to the Joffrey Ballet, 10 E. Randolph, Chicago, IL 60601 Attn: Development Department.
BORNSTEIN, ROBERT H.
Beloved husband of Adrienne (nee Rosenberg). Loving father of Paul (Amy) and Rick (Karen) Bornstein. Adored grandfather of Rebecca Faye and Jonah Micah Bornstein. Devoted brother-in-law of Renee (Bruce) Krinsky. Fond uncle of 14. Dear son of the late Max and Esther Bornstein. Lakeside Congregation. Shalom. Memorials to The Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL.
BRAND, DAVID BRIAN
55. Beloved husband of Monica (nee Schaefer). Loving father of Naomi and Devin. Cherished son of Raymond (Sheila) Brand and the late Martha Norton Greenblatt. Dear brother of Kenneth Brand and Patricia (Russell) Picerno. Fond uncle of many. Loyal companion of Gizmo the barkeholic canine. 1230 at Chicago Jewish Funerals. Sunset Memorial Lawns. Memorials to Devin Brand for his college education, c/o R. Brand, 1811 South Blvd, Evanston, IL 60202. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
BRENNER, CLARA H.
103. Beloved wife of the late Nathan G. Brenner, Sr. Dear mother of Carol Melnick and the late Nathan (Eleda) Brenner, Jr. and Bruce (Susan) Brenner. Grandmother of Karen Brenner,
Elizabeth (Uzi) Avner, Mark (Kathleen) Brenner, Michael (Lisette Willemsen) Melnick, Marianne (Keith) Ellenberger, Lynne (Mike Murrin) Brenner, Ellen (Martin) Carney, Andy (Kelly) Brenner and Tatum (Jeremy) Stern. Cherished great-grandmother of 21. Memorials to Oak Park Temple B'nai Abraham Zion, 1235 North Harlem Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302. The Piser Chapel. Memorial Park Cemetery.
93. Beloved wife of the late Gregory. Loving mother of Michael (Donna) Brent and the late Sheldon Bresler. Cherished grandmother of Sharon and the late Cynthia. Treasured great-grandmother of many. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Disease Assn., 4709 Golf Road, Ste. 1015, IL 60076. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
Beloved daughter of William Springer and Reva Schiller. Devoted wife to the late Reuben Broday. Fond cousin to many. Zion Gardens Cemetery. Piser.
BROWDY, JARED D.
82. Beloved husband of Barbara (nee Kandelman). Loving father of David (Lisa) and Michelle Browdy. Devoted grandfather of Joel and Talia Browdy. Weinstein Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Shriners Hospitals for Children, or to Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorder Center at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine.
(nee Telzac) 94. Holocaust survivor. Beloved wife of the late Norman. Devoted mother of Toby (Mark) Lukoff and Lee (Jill) Burstein. Loving Nana of Meira (Justin) Besikof, Ari Lukoff, Jamie Burstein and Jordan Berstein. Great-grandmother of Madelyn, Ivy and Olivia Besikof. Dearest aunt of Ilene (Lawrence) Bergman. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the US Holocaust Museum, P.O. Box 1852, Highland Park, IL 60035. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
CAGEN, ELLEN RUTH
(nee Weiss) 79. Beloved wife of the late Jerry B. Cagen Lifelong member of Hadassah. Former owner with late husband, Jerry, Decorative Shutter Company, Chicago. Devoted mother of Nancy (Larry) Boucha, Janet Cagen (Jim Ehrlich) and Michael Cagen. Loving grandmother of Drew, Jeffrey, Margot and Zachary. The Piser Chapel. New Hungarian Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Alzheimer's Association, Greater Michigan Chapter, 2944 Fuller Avenue NE, Suite 101, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, (http//act.alz.org/goto/ellencagen).
(nee Peller) 78. Beloved wife of Marvin Cohen. Loving mother of Wendy (John) Pelegrino and Charles Cohen. Adoring grandmother of Alyssa, Jordan, Ariel Cohen and Elizabeth, J.D. and Cole Pelegrino. Dear sister-in-law of Sally (the late Jerry) Peller and the late Melicent (the late Mitchell) Teich. Devoted aunt of Bill Pelle, Sari (Ed) Stozek, Laurie, Marlene (Vic), Rick (Christy) Teich. Great-aunt of Madison. Chicago Jewish Funerals Chapel. Westlawn Cemetery.
COOPER, ROSE R.
(nee Davis) 93. Beloved wife of the late Harry Cooper. Devoted mother of Barbara (Mark) Spiro. Loving sister of Benjamin (the late Sherry) Davis, the late Shirley Jaffe and the late Florence Tarantur. Cherished grandmother of Lauren Spiro. Shalom Memorial Park.
DINNSEN, SONYA J. FTA
Beloved wife of the late Robert Dinnsen. Loving mother of Robin Marks, David (Vivian) Shepard, Chris (Barbara) Shepard, Denise (Josh) Pope and the late Gloria Touray. Proud grandmother of many. Devoted aunt to many. Dear sister of of Kathrine (Jerry) Surio, the late Ronald (Arlene) Marks and Gloria Marks. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Ezra-Habonim, the Niles Township Jewish Congregation, 4500 Dempster Street, Skokie, IL 60076, www.ehnt.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
EHRENS, MARTIN J.
76. Beloved husband of Lee (nee Levin). Cherished father of Ron (Julie) Ehrens, Jordan (Sharon) Ehrens and Dana (Mark) Senn. Devoted grandfather of Alex, Gabrielle, Bailey and Emily. Dear brother of Jerry (Wilma) Ehrens. Sunset Memorial Lawns Cemetery. Memorials to the American Association for Cancer Research. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals.
ENGEL, MILTON DDS
95. WWII vet. Loving husband of Dr. Elaine Engel. Father of Katherine and Louis Engel. Brother of Dr. Howard (Sondra) Engel. Stepfather of Jeffrey and Vance Liebman. Uncle to many. The Piser Chapel. Memorial Park Cemetery. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Thresholds, 4101 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, IL 60613, www.thresholds.org. Piser.
99. Beloved husband of the late Hortense (nee Sworzyn). Devoted father of Michael (Carol) Erde, Marsha Estes and MaryAnne (Joel) Spinner. Loving grandfather of Lisa (Paulo) Santos, Rebecca Erde and Jacob Estes (Gretchen Lieberum). Great-grandfather of Rachelle, Lindsey, Iris and Lucas. The Piser Chapel. Oak Woods Cemetery. Memorials to CJE Senior Life, 3003 W. Touhy Avenue, Chicago, IL 60645.
EPPENSTEIN, ESTHER TURK
(nee Shapiro) 97. Beloved wife of the late Julius Turk and the late Ike Eppenstein. Loving mother of Gary (Sarah) Turk and Les (Becky) Turk. Adored grandma and "g.g." of Julius and Michael (Eileen) Turk. Proud great-grandmother of Samantha and Brianna. Cherished sister of the late Yetta Hochberg and the late Sarah Karp. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to a hospice organization of your choice. The Goldman Funeral Group.
FARBER, DR. ISADORE E.
94. Loving husband of the late Billie Frances (nee Gulko). Cherished father of Deborah Farber and the late Ronna Farber Sanders. Adored grandfather of Sharon Jennifer Sanders, Dana Michelle Sanders, Evin Farber Isaacson and Leslie Farber Sanders. Dear brother of Manya (Saul) Manski, the late Dora Freed, and the late Edith (the late Henry) Fingert. Sunset Memorial Lawns. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the Ronna Farber Sanders Educational Fund, c/o Jewish Reconstructionist Congregation, 303 Dodge Ave., Evanston, IL 60202, www.jrc-evanston.org, or to J Street, www.jstreet.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
94. Army vet. Beloved husband of Lillian (nee Silverstein). Loving father of Elaine (Alan) Bers. Adored grandfather of Rachel and Melissa. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Shriner's Childrens Hospital, 2211 N. Oak Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60707.
FISHBAIN, JASON EDWARD
36. Beloved son of Carol and Arnie Fishbain. Dearest brother of Joel. Cherished grandson of the late Clara and Ben Lieberman and Shirlee and Allen Fishbain. Dear nephew and cousin. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Memorials to National MS Society, 525 W. Monroe, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60061.
FOGEL, LYNNE R.
Loving mother of Scott (Kimberley) Fogel and Tracy Fogel. Proud grandmother of Amy and Sydney. Beloved sister of Gail (David) Halperin. Dear aunt to Danielle (Corey), Jaime (Jordan) and Lindsey (Jeremy). Chicago Jewish Funerals. Shalom. Memorials to Rainbow Hospice, 444 N. Northwest Highway, Suite 145, Park Ridge, IL 60068, www.rainbowhospice.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee Share). Beloved wife of the late Milton Samuel Foreman. Loving mother of Priscilla (David) Solomon, Rochelle (Marc) Marovitz and Gene (Dana) Foreman. Proud grandmother of Sonya Solomon, Ali (Noah) Ament and Lindsay and Jori Foreman. Treasured great-grandmother of Ethan and Jordan Ament. Dear sister of the late Max (Lillian) Share, the late Esther Wolf and the late Sam (Elaine) Share.
83. Waldheim Cemetery. Lakeshore Jewish Funerals.
(nee Elster) 72. Loving mother of Barry (Rebecca) Friedland and the late Deborah Leib. Adored Grammy and Mimi of India, Hannah, Noah and Daniel. Devoted daughter of the late William and late Ada Elster. Cherished sister of Alan (Debbie) Elster. Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials to Friends of Yemin Orde (an Israeli organization for at-risk children), 12230 Wilkins Ave., Rockville, MD 20852. The Goldman Funeral Group.
(nee Levine) 91. Beloved wife of the late Max Friedman. Loving mother of Ruth (Marc Sperling) Haas. Cherished grandmother of Michelle (Michael) Slocum and Annette (Tom) Pearson. Adored great-grandmother of Heather, Amanda, and Matthew Slocum and Jonathan, Bailey and Faith Pearson. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee Pine) 93. Beloved wife of the late Donald "Jerry." Loving mother of Ronald (Renee), Joel (Michelle) and the late Cheryl Tillman. Cherished grandmother of Neil, Barry, Wendy and Peter. Adored great-grandmother of Zachary, Hanna, Ian, Ben, Jake, Lily and Shayna. Dear sister of the late Milton Pine. Treasured aunt of many. Shalom Memorial Park. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
GOLDBERG, NORMA WILLA
(nee Bavelaar) Beloved wife of the late Harold. Loving mother of Sue (Tom) Leoni James (Anne Hirsch) Goldberg and Nancy Goldberg. Dear Grandmother of Zachary, Claire Andrew and Marty. Beloved sister of Daniel Bavelaar. The Piser Chapel. Rosehill Cemetery.
GOLDBERG, LORRAINE H. PHD
83. Beloved cousin of Martha and Gerry Griffin, Edward and Pam Rappaport, Irene, Claus Dieter and Elissa Gruner, Jagger Waters, Marie, Sari and Stevan Mitchell and Edith Meyerowitz. Cherished "Aunty La" to Chandra Muller, Bill Beckner, Kenneth Muller, Judy Siskind. Great-aunt to Amalia and Chiara Beckner, Rebecca and Alex Muller. Dear friend to Jerry Silverstein, M.J. Luetgert and John Dame, Norton Knopf, Bonnie Fields, Dale, Kathy Moyer and Betty Melton. Weinstein Funeral Home.
GOLDBERG, NORMA ZISOOK
81. Beloved wife of the late Norton. Loving mother of Dr. Michael (Sari), Herb (Karen) and Ira (Katherine) Goldberg. Devoted grandmother of Jackie (Rob) Meyer, David Goldberg, Jay Goldberg, Robbie Goldberg and the late Merrill Paige Goldberg. Great-grandmother of Caroline and Cate Meyer. Dear sister of Joseph (Evelyn) Zisook, Estelle (Joe) Fisher and the late Rosalind (late Sidney) Sexner. Weinstein Funeral Home. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
48. Loving husband and best friend of Diane (nee Winograd). Proud and adoring father of Ean and Joie. Dearly beloved son of Phil and Judy Goldstein. Cherished brother of Ilene B. Goldstein (Ed) Sherman and Steven (Debby Chisum) Goldstein. Wonderful son-in-law of Carolyn and the late Joe Winograd. Dear grandson, brother-in-law of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Cycle for Survival, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Society, 633 Third Ave, 28th Floor, New York, NY.
(nee Zimmerman) 103. Beloved wife of the late Jack Goodman. Adored mother of Melvyn (the late Sheri Goodman) and Sandy (Mel) Reitman. Loving grandmother of Jodi Gershon, Suzi Goodman, Kim (Simon) Leathem, Michelle (Steven) Kohl, and Nanci (Jeff) Kaplan. Proud great-grandmother of Jacob, Ilan, Hannah, Judah, Max, Abby, Rachel, and Adam. Fond aunt to many. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
GORDON, ANN R.
(nee Rubin) 88. Beloved wife of the late Melvin. Loving mother of Nancy L. Gordon and Bradley D. (Judy) Gordon. Proud grandmother of Robin, Gayle and Douglas Gordon. Dear sister of the late Molly, Al , Sarah, Bella and Edith. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Westlawn. Memorials to Midwest Palliative and Hospice CareCenter, 2050 Claire Court, Glenview, IL 60025.
86. Beloved husband of Blossom (nee Kaplan). Loving father of Allan and Howard (Andy). Adored grandpa of Meredith, Danny and Robyn. Cherished brother of the late Sondra (late Seymour) Levin. Dear brother-in-law of Michael (Kathie) Gruskin and Joan. Treasured uncle of many. The Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to homesforourtroops.org. The Goldman Funeral Group.
Husband of Rose Green (Goldwater). Father of Harriet (William Schoenwald), Marcia (Joel Axelrad), and Carrie (Paul Rymek). Grandfather of Jill (Matthew Nitto), Julie (Bret Reidel), Bradley, Michael (Jacque), Andrew (Jennifer), Richard, Adin, Gabriel, and Ellie. Great-grandfather of 13.
GREENBERG, DR. RICHARD A.
Veteran. Beloved husband of Barbara (nee Right). Dear father of James (Jann), Daniel (Evelyn) and Paul (Julie) Greenberg. Fond grandfather of Anne, Emily, Victoria, Rebecca, Kimberly, Joshua and Betsy. Weinstein Funeral Home. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to American Cancer Society or to Oak Park Temple.
82. Beloved husband of the late Bernadette,(nee Linnig). Loving father of Gayle (Ed Barnett) Goldstein, Mark (Rosemary) Grossman, Bonnye (Joe) Colucci and Robyn (Craig Jackson) Grossman. Adored Papa of Ryan (Natasha), Nick (Erin), Lyndsey, Anthony (Idalmy), Alyson and Michael. Dear brother of Al (Doris) Grossman. Fond uncle of Gary Grossman. The Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Feral Feline Project, P.O. Box 1, Wheeling, IL 60090. The Goldman Funeral Group.
(nee Cohen) 93. Beloved wife of the late Woodrow "Bud." Loving mother of Larry (Cheryl) and the late Steven. Adored grandmother of Whitney and Emily. Cherished sister of Elaine (late Eddie) Superfine. Treasured aunt and great-aunt. Waldheim Cemetery. Memorials to The Self Help Home, 908 W. Argyle St., Chicago, IL 60640. The Goldman Funeral Group.
GUSSIS, JACK J.
Beloved husband of Florie. Loving father of Alan (Gail) Gussis, Cindy (Jim) Hinton, Robin (Joe) Chopp, Neal (Jennifer) Gussis, and the late Gene (Jerri) Gussis. Proud Grandfather of Lauren (Mike Ellis) Gussis, Dane (Nicole) Gussis, Dillon (Kari Jo) Gussis, Lori Hinton, Jaime Hinton, Lily Gussis, and Henry Gussis. Cherished great-grandfather of Isabella Gussis and Gage Gussis.
Dear brother of the late Max, Teddy, Ettie, and Leo. Temple Beth Israel. Memorials to Lincolnwood Fire and Paramedics Department, 6900 N. Lincoln, Lincolnwood, IL 60712, or to North Shore Hospice, 4901 Searle Pkwy., Suite 160, , IL 60077, www.northshore.org. Chicago Jewish Funeral.
Harris (nee Frankel). Beloved wife of the late Jerome. Loving mother of Bart (Andrea) Harris, Jacalyn Glass, Maida (John) Mangiameli and Lee (Tarie) Harris. Devoted grandmother of Aaron (Nicole) Harris, Joel (Amy) Harris, Ari (Melissa) Glass, Scott (Tracy) Glass, Ian (fiance Emily Ryan) Glass, Shannon Mangiameli, Kate Mangiameli, Shayna Harris and Lauren (Blake) Polisky. Adoring great-grandmother of 7. Many loving nieces and nephews. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the American Heart Assn, 208 S. LaSalle Chicago, IL 60604, or to the American Diabetes Assn, 30 N. Michigan Ave. Ste. #2015 Chicago, IL 60602.
88. WWII veteran. Beloved husband of Linda (nee Ross). Loving brother of the late Fritz Heimann. Dear cousin of Ursula (Edward) Wittert, Renee (the late Robert) Buecher, Chuck (Helene) Elias, and P.G. (Rhoda) Elias. Loving nephew of the late Blanka,and Sig Elias. Fond uncle of Debbie Conatser, Marcia (Mitchell) Weisz, Howard (Janice) Goldman, and Sandy Ward. Great-uncle of Nicole (Brian) Roth and Graham, Talia, Leo, Rachel and Ian. New Light Cemetery. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund.
Beloved husband of Michele "Mickey" (nee Mayer). Loving father of Felice "Lise" & Sandi Schleicher, Caren & Ross Kimbarovsky. Adored grandfather of Joel & Alex Schleicher and Arielle, Mason & Emma Kimbarovsky. Beloved uncle of David (Joyce), Robin, Michael (Sharon), & Laura Samson. Northbrook Community Synagogue. Sunset Memorial Lawns. Memorials to Shir Hadash Reconstructionist Synagogue, 3340 Dundee Rd., Suite 2N4, Northbrook, IL 60062-2332 . Mitzvah Memorial Funerals.
98. Holocaust survivor. Beloved husband of Helen (nee Pruzansky). Devoted father of Dr. Harold Isenberg. Proud grandfather of Dr. Gerard (Dr. Jenny) and Warren (Michelle) Isenberg. Loving great-grandfather of Ryan, Jordan, Cameron, Owen and Everitt. Cherished son of the late Doba and the late Beril Isenberg, who perished with his siblings and their children in the Holocaust. Westlawn Cemetery. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
JACOBS, LORRAINE S.
(nee Henikoff) 94. Beloved wife of Irving. Loving mother of Charlotte (Terry) Michels and Jerry (Joann) Jacobs. Cherished grandmother of David (Elaine) Fishman, Ronald (Laura) Fishman, Lisa (Marvin) Granick, Kenny Jacobs and Dan (Erin) Jacobs. Great-grandmother of 8. Waldheim Cemetery. Memorials to the Jewish United Fund . Mitzvah Memorial Funerals
JONESI, LAWRENCE "LARRY"
83. Korean War vet. Beloved husband of the late Ruby. Father of David (Lori), Gary (Fran) and Linda. Grandfather of Jason, Alexander, Alison, and Ian. Stepfather of Jill and Chris (Amy) Schauwecker; grandfather of Sally and Michael Berman and Luke, Ava and Jimmy Schauwecker. Son of the late H. Howard and the late Fay. Brother of the late Robert "Bob." Companion of Marian Marcus. Former spouse of Carole. Uncle of Bill. The Chapel. Memorial Park. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Association or Lewy Body Dementia Association. The Goldman Funeral Group, .
KALIN, IRVING JERRY
87. US Air Force vet. Proud husband of Phyllis Adele (nee Laner). Thoughtful son of the late Emma and Louis Kalin. Loving brother of the late Helen Hellman. Adoring father of David, Daniel, the late Richard, and Judith Gillespie. Grandfather of Touff, Ryan, Elea, Aviel, Skylar, Jonathon, Lucy, Carolyn and Jeffrey. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
85. US Navy vet; member Jewish War Veterans. Beloved husband of Fannie (nee Hartstein). Loving father of Jerold Kassel, Barbara Carlson and Sandra (Ted) Kornick. Dear grandfather of Matthew (Michelle) and Jason Kornick, Eric and Michael Carlson. Adored brother of the late Robert (Patricia) Kassel. Uncle to many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
KATZ, JUDITH L.
(nee Levenson). Beloved wife of the late Norman J. Katz. Loving mother of Michele (Ed Steres) Katz, Beth (Billy Adolph) Katz-Adolph and Neal (Robin) Katz. Proud "Nana" of Sam Ross, Jacob, Evie Rose, Nayan, Sari and Elysa. Devoted best friend of Beth Adolph. Special "Aunt Judy" of Doug Adolph. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Anshe Tikvah, P.O. Box 2455, Northbrook, IL 60065-2455, or to the American Cancer Society, 1114 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004-4770. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(aka Kopolavics) 89. Devoted daughter of the late Hyman and the late Sarah Kopolavics. Dear sister of Jeanette (late Julius) Schusteff and preceded in death by three brothers, Maurice, Max and Jack Kopol. Treasured aunt, great-aunt, and great-great-aunt to many. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Congregation Beth Shalom, 3433 Walters Ave., Northbrook, IL 60062. The Goldman Funeral Group.
KISS, HOWARD C.
87. Beloved husband of the late Ruth (nee Orenstein). Loving father of Carl and William Kiss. Devoted grandfather of Molly Blair Kiss. Ezra Habonim-The Niles Township Jewish Congregation. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the American Cancer Society. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals.
(nee Gold) 85. Beloved wife of the late Eugene M. Kite. Loving mother of Shelley Kite (James) Auble and Lori Kite. Proud grandmother Dana (Jed) Levenstein, Amber, Blake and Chelsea Gideon, and Andrew and Zachary Auble. Dear sister of Marilyn (the late Harold) Laine. Cherished aunt of Sharon Goldsher and many nieces and nephews. Westlawn Cemetery. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
KLEIN, RENATA PLAUT
Beloved wife of Henry Klein. Loving mother of Elizabeth (Scott) Green, Susan (Roy Crummer) Klein, Margaret (Del) Larkin and Matthew (Gail) Klein. Proud grandmother of Peter, Andrew, Michelle, Alexander and Evan. Dear brother of Dr. Andrew (Anetta) Plaut and Dr. Martin (Sharon) Plaut. Memorial Park. Memorials to the The Soup Kitchen at Beth Emet- The Free Synagogue, www.bethemet.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
KLEIN, RONALD "BROWNIE"
79. US Air Force vet (captain). Beloved and devoted husband to his college sweetheart Jackie. Cherished and best-loved father of Sandy Klein Bernstein and Rob (Cindy) Klein. Adored and treasured Poppo of Brian, David, Allie, Jacob and Ricky. Dearest brother of Elaine. Dearest brother-in-law of Sharon and Ron Weiss and Steve and Pam Margolin. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Sierra Club or to the Midwest Palliative & Hospice Carecenter.
(nee Lipkey) 87. Beloved wife of Mark Klitzky. Loving mother of Stephen (Arlene Milrad) Klitzky and Debra (Donald) Colby. Grandmother of Rebecca and Robert Colby and Robyn Tova Klitzky. Anshe Emet Synagogue. Memorial Park. Memorials to The Lisa Klitzky Foundation, P.O. Box 5048, , IL 60089, www.thelisaklitzkyfoundation.org, or to Anshe Emet Synagogue .
Goldman Funeral Group.
KOROL, MARVIN A.
84. Beloved husband of the late Rollie (nee Savitt). Loving father of Matt (Theodora) and Steven (Lori) Korol. Devoted grandfather of Abby and Mallory. Brother of Dr. Bernard Korol. Contibutions to the Cancer Wellness Center, 215 Revere Drive, Northbrook, IL 60062. Weinstein Funeral Home.
KRAUSE, PHILLIP R.
88. WWII Navy vet. Beloved husband of the late Fay (nee Friedmann). Loving father of Jack (Fern), Steve (Marla), Michael (Marguerite) and Don (Mindy). Adored grandpa of Marty, Michelle, Rob, Ross, Daniel, Matthew (Virginia), Miriam, Ryan (Rainelle) and Rebecca. Cherished brother of the late Bob (late Irene). Loving companion of Bernice Kessler. Beth Hillel Congregation Bnai Emunah. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Association, 8430 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60631, or to Magen David Adom, 3175 Commercial Ave., Suite 101, Northbrook, IL 60062. The Goldman Funeral Group.
LAPINS, BEVERLY R.
81. Beloved wife of Jerry. Loving mother of Valerie (Brian Black) Lapins and Amy (Michael Gonzales) Lapins. Adored grandma of Molly, Stephanie, Michael, Caroline, Sean, Jill and Dana. North Suburban Synagogue Beth El, 1175 Sheridan Rd, Highland Park, IL 60035. Memorial Park. Memorials to N.S.S. Beth El or North Shore Hadassah, 3000 Dundee Rd. #313, Northbrook, IL 60062. The Goldman Funeral Group.
LAPPING, ALAN I.
83. Beloved husband of Anita (nee Frishman). Loving father of Ronald (Kelley) Lapping, Leslye Lapping (Peter Carr), Arlene (Frank) Kronthal, Sheila Lapping and Howard (Lori) Lapping. Loving grandfather of Dr. Gabrielle and Micah Lapping-Carr and Carna, Stuart and Renee Lapping. Treasured son of the late George and Celia Lapping. Dear brother of Norman (Joan) and the late Robert Lapping. Cherished uncle and great-uncle of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Lincolnwood Jewish Congregation A.G. Beth Israel or Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter.
LEFF, NATHAN H.
97. Beloved husband of Shirley E. Leff (nee Aronson). Loving father of Dr. Joel (Sandy) Leff and Dean (Becky) Leff. Proud grandfather of Amy (Scott Schiff) Leff, Sam (Laura) Leff, Ben and Jamie Leff. Dear brother of Daniel (the late Doris) Leff, Anne (the late Harry) Dudovitz, the late Molly (the late Louis) Kaplan and the late Leo (the late Florence) Leff. Westlawn Cemetery. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
LEVIN, CAROL B.
(nee Spitanek). Beloved wife of Stuart Levin. Loving mother of Michael (Tracy) Reif, Marcy Reif and Scott Reif. Cherished grandmother of Kathleen, Wesley, Nicholas, Gabrielle, Riley, Geoffrey and the late Brandon. Devoted great-grandmother of Emmalee and Ryker. Dear sister of the late Beverly (Seymour) Herre. Fond sister-in-law of Roberta (Dr. Gary) Morris and Kerry Levin. Adored aunt, cousin of many. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to The American Lung Association, 55 W. Wacker Drive Suite 800, Chicago, IL, 60601. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals.
88. Beloved wife of the late Maurice Liebman. Loving mother of Richard (Sarah) Liebman, Karen (Eugene) Gallwitz, Debbie (Arthur) Kramer, Barbara (Alan) Melnick, and Gayle (Edward) Manacek. Proud grandmother of Tamara (Stan), Jennifer, Jason, Matthew, Michelle, Mitchell, Lainie, and Melissa. Cherished great-grandmother of Natalie, Vaughn, Gabby, and Norah. Dear sister-in-law of Lillian (the late Robert) Liebman and Rae (the late Morton) Barov. Aunt, great-aunt, and cousin to many. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the American Parkinson's Disease Association, 2050 Pfingsten Rd., Glenview, IL 60026, www.apdaparkinson.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
LIPOW, ELEANOR B.
(nee Rubinstein) 97. Beloved wife of the late Jerry. Loving mother of Gene (Stephanie). Cherished Nana of Jackie (Terry) Bosko & Justin Lipow. Dear sister of Bernie (Joan) Rubinstein and the late Herbert (Kitty) Robbins. Treasured aunt of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
(nee Weiner) 95. Beloved wife of the late Samuel. Loving mother of Janet (Dr. Alan) Rosenfeld and Mitchell (Anh Tuan Hoang) Locin. Cherished grandmother of Dr. Lindsay (Andres Lessing) Rosenfeld, Carrie (Robert) Jarvis and A.J. (Jennifer) Rosenfeld. Great-grandmother of Samuel and Daniel Jarvis. Dear sister of the late Anne Bortz, Ethel Dickwolf, Erwin "Red" Weiner and Martin Weiner. Fond aunt of many. Lovingly cared for by Cecile Veloso. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Waldheim Jewish Cemetery. Memorials to Neurofibromatosis Inc., 9 Bedford Street, Burlington, MA 01803 www.nfincne.org/donate-honor.asp . Chicago Jewish Funerals.
MAGNUS, PHILIP H.
Beloved husband of the late Clare (nee Selig). Loving father of Carole (Frank) Grant, Phyllis "Chana" (Daniel) Sperber, Thomas P. Magnus (Linda), and Barbara (Steven) Berger. Proud grandfather of 17. Adored great-grandfather of 22. Dear brother of the late Lucille. Lakeside Congregation for Reform Judaism. Rosehill Cemetery. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Multiple Sclersosis, 525 W. Monroe St., Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60661, www.nationalmssociety.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
MARKOVITZ, ALVIN, PHD
82. Beloved husband of Harriet June. Proud father of Paula (Scott Teissler) Markovitz, Ellen (David) Oberlin, Nancy (Albert Drozdowski) Markovitz and the late Diane Markovitz. Loving grandpa of Madeline, Nicholas, Sarah, Hannah and Jeremy. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to The University of Chicago, Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 5801 S. Ellis Ave., Chicago, IL 60637. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
91. WWII US Navy vet; member, Jewish War Veterans. Beloved companion of Alma Morrison. Dear husband of the late Janice (nee Tuchin). Fond friend of the late Sarah Russo. Devoted father of Jeffrey (Patricia) Miripol and Jerilyn Miripol (Richard Van Duyne). Loving grandfather of Aaron Miripol (Marsha Walker). Great-grandfather of Alexandra. Dear brother of Bert (the late Bobbi) Miripolsky. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to JUF or The Ark, 6450 N. California Avenue, Chicago, 60645. Piser.
MORGAN, JEANNE L.
86. Beloved wife of the late Leonard I. Morgan. Loving mother of Stuart (Laura) Morgan and Lisa Morgan Cohen. Adored grandmother of Michael and Amanda Cohen, Samantha and Brian Morgan. Cherished aunt, and adoptive "Mom." Westlawn Cemetery and Mausoleum. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Disease Association, 225 N. Michigan Ave., 17th floor, Chicago, IL 60601. Lakeshore Jewish Funerals.
(nee Grika) 97. Faithful daughter of the late Maryam and Morris. Beloved wife to the late Irving. Loving mother of Judith (Arthur) Abt and Phil Moss. Adored grandmother of Nancy and Eliot J. (Rachael) Abt. Treasured great-grandmother of Eden and Avery Abt. Cherished sister to the late Sarah (David) Himelblau and the late Sam (Celia) Grika. Dear aunt and wonderful cousin of many. Memorials to Chicago Loop Synagogue, 16 South Clark St. Chicago, IL 60603, or to Na'Amat USA, 10024 N. Skokie Blvd., #216, Skokie, IL 60077.
(nee Zalsman) 93. Beloved wife of the late Irving. Loving mother of Kevin (Marijana). Cherished grandmother of Kelly. Dearest sister of Beatrice Zimmerman and the late William Zalsman, David Zalsman, Daniel Zalsman, Lillian Federoff, and Rose Bernstein. Treasured aunt and great-aunt to many. Gratitude to the caregivers at The Ponds in Lincolnshire. Memorials to the American Cancer Society, 820 Davis Street, Evanston, IL 60201.
MYERSON, SHIRLEY ELAINE
(nee Hart) 83. Beloved wife to her dedicated husband Bernard Myerson. Devoted and loving mother of Pam Myerson-Gratz (Jay Gratz) and Marsha Smagley. Loving sister of the late Robert, Marian and Helen. Cherished grandmother of Jeffrey and Jamie Smagley, Kimmi and Daniel Gratz and Gomez, Cecil and Dakota. Weinstein Funeral Home. Westlawn Cemetery Memorials to Lupus Foundation, www.lupus.org, or to PAWS, www.pawschicago.org.
(nee Walk) 81. Loving wife of the late Martin. Loving mother of Ed (Shirlee), Wendy (Tom) Morton and Daniel (Betsy). Adored Grandma of Alyssa, Sarah (fiance Andrew Braverman) and Taryn Nickow, Amy and Robert Morton, Jon, Bryan, David and Marlee Nickow. Cherished sister of the late Richard (late Gloria) Walk. Dear sister-in-law of the late Hy (Adrienne) Nickow. Treasured aunt, great-aunt of many. Westlawn Cemetery. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Tails of Hope, 1628 Old Deerfield Rd., Highland Park, IL 60035. The Goldman Funeral Group.
OSHER, SHIRLEY G.
(nee Surgal) 77. Beloved wife of the late Martin Osher. Loving and devoted mother of Bruce Osher and the late Stuart Osher. Adored grandmother of Erica and Steven. Special and caring aunt of many. The Piser Chapel. Westlawn Cemetery.
(nee Marks). Beloved wife of the late Alvin "Sonny." Devoted mother of Michael (Gail) Ovadenko, Bob (Vicki) Ovadenko, Lori (Willie) Hunter, Danny Ovadenko and Ricky Ovadenko. Proud grandmother of Jennifer (Mark) Cohen, Rebecca (Tim) Kramer, Stephen Ovadenko , Keith Ovadenko, Matt Ovadenko, Crystal Hunter, Nick Ovadenko, Chad Staffa and Carli Staffa. Cherished great-grandmother of Lucas Kramer. Dear sister of the late Lois (Stan) Zucker. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Waldheim. Memorials to The ARK 6450 N. California Avenue, Chicago, IL 60645, www.arkchicago.org .
PESSIS, MILDRED "MILLIE" STARKMAN
(nee Fox) 92. Beloved wife of the late Dr. Nathan Starkman and the late Ben Pessis. Loving mother of Bobbie (Larry) Arnold, Cookie Little and Eileenie (Buzz) Behrents. Adored Grandma Millie of Stephanie (Todd) Marshburn, Elizabeth (Bill) Mayo, Grant (Etsuko) Arnold, Aaron Little, Courtney (Todd) Cramer, Todd Little, Nathaniel (Katherine) Behrents and Jenna (Kenny) Edwards. Proud great-grandmother of Ben, Hailey, Carissa, Kaelin, Ama, Lani, Luke, Kendall and Madeleine. Cherished sister of Marvin (Susan) Fox. Treasured aunt of Debbie (Alan) Steiner, Cathy Fox and Jeff (Bozena) Fox. The Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to a Jewish charity of your choice. The Goldman Funeral Group, .
(nee Hara) 92. Beloved wife of the late Carl Pestine. Loving mother of Harry (Susan), Sheldon (Vickie) Pestine and late Rosette Pestine. Adored Grandma Cel of Jason (Aliza) Pestine, Rebecca (Jim) Nolan, Toni (Scott) Chadwell, Traci Pestine and Megan Verell. Proud great-grandmother of Ethan Carl, Madeline Rose, Aden Reid, Evan Jay, Vera Mae, and Hayden Brooks. Cherished sister of Joe (Anita) and Ray (late Roberta) Hara, the late Rachel Patton, Leo (late Ann), Al (late Marilyn), Sam and Morrie (Simmi) Hara, and Sophie (late Argie) Weitzman. Dear sister-in-law of Bud (Selina) Pestine and the late Mrytle Berman, Marty, and Ely Pestine, Gertrude Kaplan, Selma Benjamin. Treasured aunt of many. The Chapel. Memorials to Team Hayden (research and therapies for traumatic brain injuries) c/o Scott Chadwell-Hayden Brooks Chadwell, 2304 Althea Ct., St. Johns, FL 32259, or to Dystonia, 1 E. Wacker, Suite 2800, Chicago, IL 60601-1905. The Goldman Funeral Group.
PODOLSKY, FRANK R.
88. WWII US Navy Vet. Son of Max and Viola. Beloved husband of the late Adenna. Loving father of Iris (Thomas) Schrey, Michele (Wayne) Buttermore, Donald (Cynthia) Podolsky, Melody Morley and the late Dennie Podolsky. Cherished grandfather of Courtney Schrey, Krista Rue (Timothy Forster, fiancé and loving caregiver to Frank) and Evelyn Podolsky. Dear father-in-law of Bryan Morley. Adored companion of Dee Benka. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the American Lung Association.
PORTNOY, MARSHALL "MENDY"
82. Beloved husband of Gloria (nee Edelstein). Cherished father of Louis (Wendi) and Dawn Portnoy (Neal Newman). Proud and loving grandpa of Mallory and Kyle Portnoy. Dearest brother of Alan (Linda) Portnoy. Brother -in-law of Bernice Rose. Dear uncle of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Relay For Life, Weston, FL, www.relayforlife.org/westonfl Funeral .
RAZ, MERLE A.
(nee Agron) 71. Beloved wife of the late Robert Raz, Jr.. Loving mother of Todd, Tracy and Steven (Heidi) Davis. Cherished mother-in-law of Nancy Cipparrone. Adored grandmother of Jordan, Rayna, Zachary, Ryan and Addyson. Devoted daughter of the late Robert C. and the late Ruth Agron. Dear sister of Joyce (Marvin) Benjoya. Fond aunt of Marc (Jean), Ross (Merle) and Garry. The Chapel. Randhill Cemetery. Memorials to the Hospice of Northeastern Illinois, 405 N. Lake Zurich Rd., Barrington, IL 60010. The Goldman Funeral Group.
(nee Berezin) 94. Beloved wife of the late Sam Resnick for 65 . Cherished mother of Paula (Edwin) Josephson and Gayle (Larry) Heiss. Adoring grandmother to Laura Josephson (Bryan) Bernat and Alyssa (Kevin) Adler. Devoted great-grandmother to Bella, Eliana and Benjamin. Compassionate aunt. Gratitude to her care partners, her devoted niece Marla Torf, John Murano, Jane Provow, jojo Murano, Dick Watson and her Midwest Palliative & Hospice Center team. Memorials to Midwest Palliative and Hospice Carecenter, 2050 Claire Court, Glenview, IL 60025.
(nee Joseph) Beloved wife of the late Abraham Robinson. Devoted mother of Rabbi Barry (Susan) and Joel (Rinatya) Robinson. Proud grandmother of Miriam (Neal) Stein, Rabbi Ranan (Mimi) Robinson, Aliza (Rabbi Yaakov) Nadav, Rabbi Yakov (Atara) Robinson, Rabbi Yehoshua (Danielle) Robinson, Nadav, Yonatan, and the late Ilai Robinson. Cherished great-grandmother of 26. Dear sister aunt and great-aunt to many. Congregation K.I.N.S. Waldheim. Memorials to Congregation K.I.N.S., or to AMIT, 3856 W. Oakton, Suite B., Skokie, IL 60076. Chicago Jewish Funerals
ROBINSON, MARVIN J.
Beloved husband of Harriet, (nee Fixler). Dear father of Richard (Lynn) and Neal (Denise). Loving grandfather of David (Heather) Robinson, Amy (Jeremy) Efbaum and Rachel Robinson. Fond brother of Gail Merely. Piser. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
ROSENBAUM, DR. DAVID S.
Beloved husband of Anita (nee Beitner). Proud and loving father of Benjamin and Elliot. Dearest brother of Peggy (Ron Satenstein) Shapiro and Allen (Cheryl) Rosenbaum. Devoted son of Miriam (nee Mydlarz) and the late Benjamin Rosenbaum. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the American Heart Association-Cleveland Chapter, 1689 E. 115 ST., Cleveland, OH 44106, to or the Friends of the Israeli Defense Forces.
73. Beloved husband and best friend of Bette (nee Frank). Loving father of Craig (Gayle Edmunds), Marc (Amy) and Tracy (Howard) Ankin. Adored Papa of Danny, Jackie, Max, Josh, Myles and Sadie. Devoted son of the late Joseph and Ann. Dear brother of Richard and Barbara. Treasured uncle and cousin of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Keshet, 617 Landwehr Road, Northbrook, IL 60062.
SAND, BONNIE GAIL
(nee Lifschultz) Adored wife and best friend of Ray Sand. Loving mother of Davan. Stepmother of Christine (Bill) Bluhm and Catherine (Eric) Medernach. Fond grandmother of four. Loving sister of Jodie (Jeffrey) Sullivan and Gregory Lifschultz. Devoted daughter of Edith (the late Phillip) Lifschultz. Treasured aunt of Michelle (Rick) Cozza, Melanie (Ilan) Caspi, David Lifschultz, Arie and Raphael Serota. Cherished sister -in-law of Eve Pinkert. Special niece of Dr. Robert Leavitt. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorials to Midwest Palliative and Hospice CareCenter, 2050 Claire Court, Glenview, IL 60025. www.carecenter.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee Hoffing) 97. Beloved wife of the late Nathan. Loving mother of Terry (Ina) and Mickey (Naomi) Sandalow, Barbara (Stan) Krupp, Ady (Lou) Shapiro, Barry (Eileen) and Joel Sandalow. Adoring bubbie of David (Holly), Marc (Marcie), Judith, Sharon (Sandy), Geoff (Tali), Sholom, Nathan (Irene), Elizabeth (Jack), Andy (Aimee), Matt (Amy), Jonny, Bobby (Deborah), Amy, Stephen (Melissa), Brian, Scott, and Noah. Proud great-grandmother of 20. Jewish Oakridge. Memorials to Hadassah, or to West Suburban Temple Har Zion, 1040 Harlem Ave., River Forest, IL 60305, www.wsthz.org Chicago Jewish Funerals.
89. Devoted husband to Charlene (nee Goodman). Cherished father of Marcia and Eddie Kress, Buddy and Beth Saper, Julie and Steve Lefar. Beloved Gramps of Jeremy and Marie-Adele Kress, Dustin Kress, Aliza Saper and Carly Lefar. Loving brother of Dorothy Friedman. Dear uncle and great-uncle.Thankful to loyal caregivers Maria and Fadi, and caring nurse Madeline Grimm and all the staff at Midwest Palliative Hospice and CareCenter. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Westlawn. Memorials to Ketura Hadassah, 4711 Golf Rd., Suite 600, Skokie, IL 60076, www.hadassah.orgor to JDRF, 26 Broadway, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10004, www.jdrf.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee Wagner) 93. Beloved wife of the late David T. Dear daughter of the late Issac Wagner and Edith (nee Feldman) and Birdie Goldstein Wagner. Loving mother of Ralph (Nanci) and Robert (Mark McGill). Dear grandmother of Kyle Satoloe and Jessica Manning. Fond sister of William (Harriette) Wagner. Aunt of Paul and David Wagner. Cousin of Pearl Levine, Susan Levine Brown, Michael and Brooke Shapiro, and Alexandra and the late Barbara Faust. Caregivers Jerry and Mahlyn Kagan. Zion Gardens Cemetery. Memorials to Alzheimers Association 8430 W. Bryn Mawr, Ste 800, Chicago, IL 60631. Piser.
(nee Weinstein), 95. WII WAC. Beloved wife of the late Jacob. Devoted mother of Roberta Schaffer (the late Judd Silverman), Cynthia (Douglas Schwartz) Schaffer and Joel (Peggy) Schaffer. Loving grandmother of Ariel (Jonah Shifrin) Schwartz, Jordan Schwartz, Amy (Kevin) Mackett, and the late Matthew Schwartz. Loving great-grandmother of Addison, Evelyn and Delano Mackett. Dear sister of Jack Weinstein and the late Rebecca Winston. A special thanks goes to her caregivers, Una, Lidiya, and Rose. Temple Beth- El. Shalom. Memorials to Shore Community, 4232 Dempster, IL 60076, or to Temple Beth-El.
Beloved wife of the late Meyer. Loving mother of Nancy and Robert Vetzner, Alan and Randi Schwartz and Julie and Stephen Salinger. Devoted grandmother of Matthew and Lindsay Vetzner, Scott and Beth Schwartz, Jason and Karee Schwartz, Karli, Ari, Jeremy and Maia Salinger. Proud great-grandmother of Myles. Dear sister of the late Helen Levine and Muriel Aver. Adoring aunt of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
SCHWEDEL, CAROL ANN
(nee Litvak) 75. Beloved wife of the late Arthur. Loving mother of Howard (Sandy), Mark (Julie) and the late Scott. Dear grandma of Jeffrey, Melissa, Lana, Ashley, Nicholas and Jacob. Cherished sister of the late Barbara (Sidney) Rosenberg. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, 11 S. LaSalle, Ste. 1800, Chicago, IL 60603. The Goldman Funeral Group.
SEIDENFELD, MARY LOUISE
(nee Liebenstein), 95. Beloved wife of the late Honorable Glenn K. Sr. Devoted mother of Glenn K. Seidenfeld Jr. (the late Patricia O' Donnell), Dr. John J. (Mary Barad) Seidenfeld, and Leah Seidenfeld (Robert) Bailey. Proud grandmother of Rebecca (Joe) Cerroni, Joshua (Diana Ip) and Glenn (Paristoo) Seidenfeld III, Samantha and Alexandra Bailey. Cherished great-grandmother of Sophia, Charlotte and Liam Cerroni and Summer Seidenfeld. Dear sister of Harold E. Lawton Jr. Former mother-in-law of Nan Porett Hundere. Am Shalom. Memorials to Mazon, 10495 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90025, www.mazon.org/donate. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
Loving wife of the late David Shacter. Beloved mother of Mitchell (Betty), Gerald (Rhonda) and Stewart (Jamie). Proud grandmother and great-grandmother to many. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the BAY Shul, 314 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089, www.bayshul.com. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
89. Beloved husband of the late Annette (nee Landy). Devoted father of Kirby (Donna) Shapiro and Steve (Anne) Shapiro. Loving grandfather of Hannah. Westlawn Cemetery. Piser. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
(nee Cigelnik) 95. Beloved wife of the late William S. Sher. Devoted mother of Fred (Caitie) Sher and Melody (Michael) Nichols. Dear sister of the late Seymour Cigelnik, the late Rose Sideman and the late Ethel Frank. Cherished grandmother of Joshua Sher, Morissa (Jason) Wiser, Sandra Nichols and Paul Nichols. Adoring great-grandmother of Y'aela. Zion Gardens Memorials to Rainbow Hospice. Weinstein Funeral Home.
(nee Blumenthal) 93. Beloved wife of the late Lionel J. Siegal. Loving mother of Melvin (Sue) Siegal. Proud and loving grandmother of Sheila (Timo) Yuckman and Howard (Rosanne) Siegal. Great-grandmother of Elon and Ari. Dearest sister of the late Leonard (the late Edith), Sheldon Blumenthal, and Dorothy (Marshall) Bubley. Dearest aunt to many. Shalom Memorial Park. Shalom Memorial Funeral.
SIMON, INEZ JANE
88. Beloved sister of the late Fay Simon, Adelle Simon, Avis (the late Irving) Warso and Barbara Lu (the late Bill) Dorfman. Loving aunt of Miriam (David ) Weil, Howard (Susan) Warso, Marcia Dorfman, Paula (Jim) Coffey, David (Brooke) Warso and Brad (Shari) Dorfman. Great-aunt to many. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to Y-ME National Breast Cancer Foundation, 212 W. Van Buren St., 10th Floor, Chicago, IL 60607, www.y-me.org, or to the Arthritis Foundation , 303 E. Wacker Dr., Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60601, www.arthritis.org, or to or 65 Roses for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 6931 Arlington Road, 2nd floor, Bethesda, MD 20814,www.cff.org.Chicago Jewish Funerals.
Beloved wife of the late Wilbur Simon. Loving mother and mother-in-law of Eleanor Simon, Patrick O'Neall, Miriam Simon, and Lawrence Sandler. Proud grandmother of Abigail O'Neall and William Sandler. Congregation Kneseth Israel, Elgin, IL. Bluff City Cemetery. Memorials to Art for All, 749 Scott Elgin, IL 60123 www.artforall-elgin.com . Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee Wortman) 71. Loving mother of Mara (David Sawyer) Singer and Lisa Singer. Cherished Bubba of Zachary and Joshua. Dear sister of Charles Wortman. Shalom Memorial Park. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
Beloved husband of Marilyn (nee Gorstein). Devoted father of Linda Horn and Gail (the late Howard) Regenbogen. Proud grandfather of Michael Horn, Ashley Horn, Jennifer Horn, Amy (Eli) Cutler, Lauren Regenbogen, and Blair Regenbogen. Dear brother of the late Yushi Lynn. Memorials to Vitas Hospice, Vitas Foundation, 1901 S. Congress Ave. Boynton Beach, FL 33426, www.vitasfoundation.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
Beloved wife of the late Joseph. Devoted mother of Edward (Judith) and Barton (Lesley). Proud and loving Grandma of Rebecca (Paul) Peterson, Craig (Sarah) Springer, Jonathan Springer and Robert (Diana) Springer. Great-grandmother of Isaiah, Isabelle, Luke, Jack and Reid. Dear aunt of many. Memorials to LaRabida Children's Hospital, 6501 S. Promontory Drive, Chicago, IL, 60649 (773) 363-6700. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
(nee Mell) Beloved wife of the late Arthur. Loving mother of Alan (Kim) Sternberg and Sheryl (Robert) Josephson. Proud grandmother Thomas (Janelle) Ragusa. Caring sister of Evelyn (the late Dr. Lawrence) Mazur and the late Toba (the late Charles) Adelman. Caregivers Mona Varona, Emie Bornales and Sheila Benson. Chicago Jewish Funerals Chapel. Shalom. Memorials to CJE SeniorLife, 3003 W. Touhy Ave., Chicago, IL 60645, www.cje.net. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
89. Beloved husband of the late Senta (nee Metzger). Devoted father of Lynne Stiefel (Jan Sheinson), Michael (Mary Ann) Stiefel and the late Ronald Stiefel. Loving grandfather of Daniel, Alex, Jared (Paige), Alyson and Jaclyn. Great-grandfather of Noah. Dear brother of Ilse (the late Leonard) Caim. Fond uncle and great-uncle of many. The Piser Chapel. Jewish Oakridge Cemetery. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL 60077. Piser.
STUART, ROBERT CONKLIN
94. WWII vet (captain). Beloved husband of the late Pearl, (nee Dlugatch). Loving father of Bobette (Dean) Ornstein, Adrienne (Richard) Battin, and James (Diana) Stuart. Wonderful grandfather of Robert Kirk, Megan Battin, Elizabeth (Eric) Bloom, Liam Stuart and Christian Stuart. Proud great-grandfather of Aidan Kirk and Harper Mae Bloom.
Beloved husband of the late Elsie. Cherished father of Jeffrey (Rita) Torf. Proud and loving Papa of Jason (Amy) Torf, Brian (Jessica) Torf, Bradley (Colleen) Torf. Great-grandfatber of Allison, Zachary, Logan, Tyler and Dylan. Dear uncle, great-uncle, and cousin of many. Shalom Memorial Park . Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
(nee Abramovitz) 104. Beloved wife of the late Harold. Loving mother of the late Donald (Rochelle "Shelly") Trilling and the late Rosanne (Michael) Santucci. Cherished grandmother of Gregg (Loree) Trilling, Jan Cohen, Cara and Christopher Santucci and the late Marcie Trilling. Great-grandmother of Jamie and Sari Cohen and Alayna and Claire Trilling. Westlawn Cemetery. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
95. US Navy vet. Fabulous husband of Arlene. Father of Jamee and Michele. Father-in-law of Peter Gregory. Grandfather to Samantha. Great-grandfather to Carolina. Lakeshore Jewish Funerals.
TUROVITZ, BERNARD M.
(aka Morton Bernard Turovitz) 78. Beloved husband of Marlene (nee Helfand). Loving father of Barbara Turovitz, Judy (Shelly) Spector, Sheryl (Dr. Michael) Bauer and Jeri (Richard) Cotton. Adored Pa and Grandpa of 11 wonderful grandchildren. Cherished brother of Arnold (late Rickey) Turovitz. Dear brother-in-law of Mark (Adrienne) Helfand and Mel (Sue) Helfand. Treasured uncle of many. The Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Association, 225 N. Michigan Ave, Fl 17, Chicago, IL 60601, or to the Lauri S. Bauer Foundation, P.O. Box 5368, Vernon Hills, IL 60061. The Goldman Funeral Group.
VENEZKY, MADELYNN L.
(nee Levinson) 94. Beloved wife of the late Julian B. Venezky. Loving mother of Gail (Robert) Wertheimer and Linda (Larry) Gann. Adored grandmother of Tracy Desmond (Nick) Baggott, Jill Barnett and Daniel (Alison) Wertheimer. Proud great-grandmother of Liza and Brooke Barnett, Jake and Eli Baggott, Raquel and Caleb Wertheimer. Treasured aunt of Carol (Paul) Willis, Diane Puklin and Karen Venezky. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to American Friends of the Hebrew University, 500 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1530, Chicago, IL 60611, or to Am Shalom, 840 Vernon Ave, Glencoe, IL 60022. The Goldman Funeral Group.
72. Beloved husband of the late Sandra (nee Max). Loving father of Michelle, Larry (Lisa) and Bradley Wasserman. Adored grandfather of Max, Jaden, Ryan, Sean and Tyler. Dear brother of Muriel (Joseph) Stepen. Loving uncle and cousin to many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the American Cancer Society, 820 Davis Street, Suite 400, Evanston, IL 60201.
WEINBERG, SIDNEY E.
91. Beloved husband of the late Dolores. Loving father of Nancy (Michael) Joyce, Jan (Barbara Lebow) Weinberg and Peter (Laura) Weinberg. Adored Papa of Hilary, Zoe, Frank, Sam, Dan and Zack. Brother of the late Louis (late Elaine) Weinberg. Treasured uncle of many. Sidney was lovingly cared for by Jimoy. Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials to the Chicago Architecture Foundation, 224 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60604. The Goldman Funeral Group.
(nee Zapler) 90. Beloved wife of the late Hillard. Loving mother of Sandra (Michael) Kaufman, Rosalie (Brian) Pike and the late Judith Gellen. Adored Bubbie of Lauren (Brian) Dougherty, Justin Kaufman, Judith Pike and Victoria Pike. Great-grandmother of Lillian and Colin Dougherty. Devoted daughter of the late Henry and Rose. Dear aunt of many. Shalom Cemetery. Memorials to Hadassah, 4711 Golf Rd., Suite 600, , IL 60076. www.hadassah.org . Chicago Jewish Funerals.
WENGER, BARRY IRWIN
68. Beloved husband of Ann (nee Epstein) Wenger. Loving father of Joshua (Robyn) Wenger, Jeremy (fiancée Katharine Thackaberry) Wenger, and Julie (Steven) Cohn. Proud grandfather of Ashley and Jamie Wenger, Holden and Thurston Cohn. Dear brother of Donna (Robert) Karp. Uncle to many. Am Shalom. Memorials to American Brain Tumor Assoc., hope.abta.org/goto/Bwenger. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
87. Holocaust survivor. Beloved husband to Violet Wollak. Devoted father of Eva (Boris) Perelgut and Judy (Norm) Wright. Cherished grandfather of Erica, Nicole (Edward), Ashley, Danielle and the late Lisa. Weinstein Funeral Home. Waldheim Cemetery. Memorials to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum or the Lisa A. Perelgut Memorial Fund.
ZUBER, MICHAEL J. CPA.
Beloved life time partner of Debra Randall. Loving father of Holly and David Zuber, Danielle (Aaron) Zendner, Desiree (Lenny) Miles and Patrick Randall. Proud grandfather of Charlie, Raelyn, Caleb, Elbert, Cameron and Ace. Dear brother of Wendy (Sheldon) Copeland. Chicago Jewish Funerals . Westlawn. Memorials to the Gift of Hope, 425 Spring Lake Drive, Itasca, IL 60143, www.giftofhope.org, or to Make-A-Wish Foundation, 640 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 280, Chicago, IL 60654, www.wish.org. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
CORRECTION: In our previous issue, the obituary for Elissa A. O'Brien was an error. Please disregard this incorrect notice, with our apologies.