A Donor-Advised Fund allows you to recommend grants to qualified charitable organizations of your choice. Donors receive tax advantages associated with gifts to public charities and the convenience of a professionally managed charitable fund.
With a donor-advised fund, you focus on your charitable giving. The federation writes and mails the checks to grant recipients, keeps track of contributions, and prepares detailed reports. At tax time, the only thing you need to produce is a receipt of the contributions you made to the fund during the previous year.
Establishing a Donor-Advised Fund
- Start your fund with a $1,000 minimum contribution to the Jewish Federation of cash, appreciated stock or other assets. Get started today!
- Recommend an investment option to help your earnings grow tax-free.
- Recommend donations to your favorite charities by completing the Grant Recommendation form. The Jewish Federation prepares and mails the checks for you.
- Grants are processed monthly and mailed on the first business day of each month. See the Grant Recommendation Deadline chart for receipt and distribution dates.
- Immediate tax deduction regardless of when distributions are made.
- Simplified record keeping and paperwork for easy tax preparation.
- Your fund assets grow tax free.
A tiered schedule is operative for assets up to $5 million. The first $2.5 million in assets are charged at a higher rate, with a decline in charges on the second $2.5 million.
A flat expense schedule is used for assets from $5,000,001 to $20,000,000. If the total assets in an investment vehicle fall within this range, the total assets will be charged one flat rate:
Assets of more than $20 million may be assessed lower fees and can be discussed with Donor Advised Program staff.
For more information call us at 312 357 4853 or email us at email@example.com.