Teen Engagement Coordinator
The JCC provides programming opportunities for teens to create deeper connections to Judaism and their communities. The Teen Engagement Coordinator will work primarily with Jewish Student Connection, but will also have the opportunity to be a part of the following teen programs:
- Jewish Student Connection provides high school students with an in-school informal educational experience focused on compelling issues of Jewish pride, identity and connection to Israel.
- Project Teen-Seed613 empowers Jewish teen girls to work together to identify challenges in the community and create solutions, whether big or small, that will make a meaningful difference.
- JSC Scholars , a merit scholarship program, enables teens to participate in life-changing Jewish programs such as Maccabi, Diller, youth group conventions and more.
- All Star Abilities is a fitness literacy, wellness instruction, and recreational opportunity for teenagers with special needs in concert with community partners and peer volunteers.
- Job Title
- Teen Engagement Coordinator
Religious/Hebrew School Inclusion Coordinator
@ Oak Park Temple
Inclusion coordinator works with teachers and teen assistants to improve learning outcomes for all students. This coordinator will work in Gan through high school classrooms. Coordinator will also train teen leaders to successfully work with students who learn differently or have behavioral issues in the classroom. Will lead periodic in-service training sessions with teachers which will be scheduled through the year outside of regular classroom hours. Must be able to work on premises when classes are in session at Oak Park Temple: Sundays 9:00-1:00 and Wednesdays 7:00-8:00. Must have knowledge of accommodations and strategies to help students who learn differently required.
- Job Title
- Religious/Hebrew School Inclusion Coordinator
- Oak Park Temple
2018 Volunteer Staff
@ Ta'am Yisrael
The Community Foundation for Jewish Education (CFJE)and JUF sponsor Ta'am Yisrael, "A Taste of Israel." Ta'am Yisrael is a week-long trip to Israel for eighth graders in the Chicagoland area. Staff must possess the following qualities: A passion for Judaism and Israel, current experience working with kids, flexibility, knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community, and Israel travel experience. Please note this a volunteer position. To learn more contact
, CFJE's Director of Israel Education.
- Job Title
- 2018 Volunteer Staff
- Ta'am Yisrael