Join TOV and Chicago's distinguished literacy non-profit, Working in the Schools (WITS), to work one-on-one with elementary students in need.
- Sessions take place during the work day. Day/time for the 2017-2018 school year are TBD.
- Volunteers are paired up one-on-one with one student for the entire year (October - May), developing a strong bond
- Reading is approximately 45 minutes, with optional free transportation provided from JUF to our partner school
- No previous experience required
- A mandatory orientation will take place on Monday, October 2 from 11:00am-12:00pm at the WITS office
Please note that per CPS, all volunteers and subs must be fingerprinted and fill out a background check.