Women's Board Programming
The Women's Board has several fund-raising events throughout the year that contribute significant funds towards the JUF Annual Campaign. These events emphasize the importance of individual giving and have varying minimum giving levels.
- Lion Luncheon requires an individual gift of $5,000 to the JUF Annual Campaign
- Book & Author requires an individual gift of $1,800 to the JUF Annual Campaign
- Spring Event (co-chaired with the Young Women's Board) requires an individual gift of $365 to the JUF Annual Campaign
Community Outreach and Education
Gatherings for Outreach
The Women's Board GO! (Gatherings for Outreach) initiative is a series designed to educate women about Jewish topics, family issues and current events, while heightening our Jewish identity and enabling us to meet other women in our community. These programs are geographically located throughout the metropolitan area of Chicago and are held at different times of the day to appeal to a large and diverse group of women.
Evanston, Lincolnwood, Skokie GO! Event:
- Join the JUF Women’s Board for a night of fashion and beauty on Thursday, September 4 at 7:00pm. Learn what’s trending in gene therapy from Dr. Stephanie Ross, Center for Jewish Genetics board member, who will tell us how to feel good in our genes. Then enjoy a fall fashion presentation featuring the latest denim trends including deep indigo colors, customization (patches, fading, etc), distressing and looser fits. Vendor representatives will be on hand to help you find the perfect denim for the season.
- Sign up at www.juf.org/GO
An opportunity to come together with women from the community for a luncheon and an afternoon of games, including Duplicate Bridge, Social Bridge, Mah Jongg or Canasta.
A Step Beyond is a series that involves participants in discussions and workshops surrounding current political, social and economic issues that affect the lives of American Jewish women. In addition, the participants learn about the tough choices the community makes when allocating resources.