What is BGS?
The Ben-Gurion Society (BGS) is a national donor recognition society for young adults, ages 25-45, who make a contribution of $1,000 or more to the Jewish United Fund's Annual Campaign. Here in Chicago, there are over 700 Ben-Gurion Society members accounting for almost $3 million of JUF's Annual Campaign.
BGS is founded on the principles of David Ben-Gurion, the first Prime Minister of the State of Israel. BGS embodies Ben-Gurion's legacy, that young men and women use their vision and combine their power, passion and resources to build a strong and responsible Jewish community at home, in Israel, and around the world.
This year, we are enhancing the Ben-Gurion Society with the goal of providing our most generous donors with a special set of benefits. 2016-2017 BGS benefits will focus on exclusive access to JUF programming, high-level briefings on current events and opportunities to engage with our agencies. The full slate of benefits will include the following:
- Invite-only BGS-only events (including a complimentary VIP reception at YLD’s Big Event fundraiser)
- Preferred seating at JUF programs
- Expedited security at certain events
- High-level briefings on current events
- Exclusive opportunities to engage with senior community leaders
- Insider access to JUF agencies
- BGS Exclusive Access Call- Israeli Current Events. Dial in on June 13 at 12pm to hear an update on Israeli current events from Ofer Bavly, Director General of JUF's Israel office. For more information contact Elyse Saretsky. Register here.
Check out photos from our annual BGS Luncheon.
Please contact YLD Director, Elizabeth Wyner at 312-357-4812 with questions and to learn how you can get involved today!
To become a part of this committed and passionate group of Jewish adults...
Let us know your ideas for future BGS events.