In recent years we've been to New Orleans, Boston, Denver, Las Vegas and EVERY year we go to ISRAEL. YLD trips offer participants the opportunity to create lifelong connections, meet young adults from across the country and learn more about Federation and relevant issues affecting the Jewish community.
Travel to Israel
SAVE THE DATES: June 27-July 5, 2015
Exclusive Access to Speakers and Sites and First Class Accommodations
- Welcome ceremony at Independence Hall with Eitan Schwartz, advisor to the Mayor of Tel Aviv
- Meet with Dalia Rabin, daughter of Yitzhak Rabin, fifth Prime Minister of Israel
- Multigenerational Visions for the Future lunch with former president Shimon Peres, and his son, Chemi Peres, managing general partner of the Pitango Venture Fund
- VIP visit to the Haifa Naval Base
- Briefing by acclaimed Holocaust scholar Rachel Korazim
- Lunch with Hagit Yaso, winner of the Israeli version of American Idol (Kochav Nolad)
- VIP tour at Israel's new Google office
- Most meals included at trendy Israeli restaurants
- Food tastings and cooking workshop in the Carmel Market
- Lunch and tour at the Binyamina Winery
- Climb Masada and float in the Dead Sea
- Tour Machane Yehuda market in preparation for Shabbat with local Jerusalem residents
- Shabbat visit to the Kotel (Western Wall)
- Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Tour Jerusalem's Jewish Quarter, including the Herodian Mansions, Hurva Square and the Cardo
- Hike through the Negev Desert's beautiful Ein Gedi waterfalls
Conect with Your Community
- Visit Chicago Federation's partnership region in Kiryat Gat, Lachish and Shafir
- See firsthand how your dollars & JUF's work impacts lives overseas through meaningful site visits
- Interact with children and teens who benefit from JUF's services
- Create lasting relationships with other young adults from Chicago
Trip cost will be around $2,100 (land only). The price includes first class hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy), transportation, guides, most meals, taxes, transfers, special programs and security. This price also includes a $750 subsidy from the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago.
Participation in this trip requires a $500 minimum gift per person to the 2015 JUF Annual Campaign. According to IRS Code, the gift is tax deductible only to the extent that it exceeds the benefit received.
Experience Israel with Israelis!
This free program is for 18-26 years olds. SHORASHIM is the Taglit-Birthright Israel trip where you will travel for ten days with Israelis your age.
For more information, contact Shorashim at 312-267-0677.
Go (back) to Israel with Masa
Masa Israel Journey helps you find and fund a long-term trip to Israel. Choose from over 200 programs including internships, community service and graduate studies.