JUF Right Start™
You invest a lot in your child…. So does the Jewish United Fund.
JUF Right Start, the first program of its kind, was created to increase awareness and access to Jewish early childhood educational opportunities for Chicagoland families. JUF Right Start provides a financial voucher of up to $2,000 for the first child in a family to attend a qualifying Jewish early childhood program.
JUF Right Start is not a need-based program, but an incentive for families to engage in the Jewish community through early childhood education programs. Tuition reimbursement is based on the number of days per week a child is enrolled and the gift voucher can be applied to the tuition of the first child in your immediate family.
To be eligible for the JUF Right Start voucher, your child must be:
- The first child in the family to attend a Jewish early childhood program. Only one voucher per family may be redeemed.
- Enrolled in a Jewish infant care, toddler care, or preschool program for the first time.
- A member of a family where at least one parent identifies as Jewish.
- Enrolled in a JUF Right Start affiliated program (click here for complete list).
- Enrolled in a class where the child attends independently and meets at least 2 times per week.
- Children who have previously attended infant care, toddler care, or preschool with Jewish content do not qualify.
- Children attending parent/child classes do not quality, but may apply for the voucher when they enroll in a class that meets independently.
- JUF Right Start applications are available online. Applications are due November 1st of the year the child is attending school. Applications for children who begin after November 1st will be accepted within 3 months of their enrollment.
- $500 for a child who attends 2 days per week
- $1,000 for a child who attends 3 days per week
- $1,500 for a child who attends 4 days per week
- $2,000 for a child who attends 5 days per week
JUF Right Start Gift Voucher Application
JUF Right Start Participating Programs/Preschools
Download the list (PDF).
Contact JUF Right Start by phone at 312-357-4513 or by email at RightStart@juf.org.