Actress, producer, writer, and mom Julianna Margulies has reached honorary Chicagoan status. Not only does she adore the Windy City, but she has starred in two hit Chicago-set TV shows--
The Good Wife
--and last year stopped by to headline JUF Women's Philanthropy Spring Event. In 2021, she released
The Sunshine Girl: An Unexpected Life,
a revealing memoir shedding light on her nomadic and unconventional upbringing, which she says taught her to adapt to many roles in real life--and as an actress. Her favorite role of all is wife to her husband of almost 16 years, and mother to her son, who recently celebrated his bar mitzvah on a New York City rooftop. Catch Margulies returning as veteran journalist Laura Peterson for the third season of Apple TV+'s
The Morning Show
on Sept. 13.
1) What was the last book you read?
by Richard Kluger.
2) What's your all-time favorite movie?
3) What's your favorite Jewish food?
Matzoh ball soup--but the matzoh balls have to be dense, not fluffy.
4) What are you listening to these days?
The pandemic got me into podcasts, I've been listening to
The Sarah Silverman Podcast
Go Ask Ali
, Stephen Fry's
7 Deadly Sins,
5) Who was the last person you texted?
6) If you could invite 3 people, famous or not, to a Shabbat dinner, who would they be?
Stephen Fry, Barack Obama, and Emma Thompson.
7) If you could have any other occupation, what would it be?
8) Who are two of your biggest role models?
My husband and my Grandma Henrietta.
9) What are you currently binging on TV?
Just finished binging
, and now I'm starting
The White Lotus
10) If you could offer the teen version of yourself one piece of wisdom, what would it be?
Stop worrying so much, take a breath, enjoy your life.
This interview was conducted before the SAG-AFTRA strike began.