What is BGS?
The Ben-Gurion Society (BGS) is a national donor recognition society for young adults, ages 22-45, who make a contribution of $1,000 or more to the Jewish United Fund's Annual Campaign. Here in Chicago, there are over 540 Ben-Gurion Society members accounting for almost $1.9 million of JUF's Annual Campaign.
BGS is founded on the principles of David Ben-Gurion, the first Prime Minister of the State of Israel. BGS embodies Ben-Gurion's legacy, that young men and women use their vision and combine their power, passion and resources to build a strong and responsible Jewish community at home, in Israel, and around the world.
This year, we are enhancing the Ben-Gurion Society with the goal of providing our most generous donors with a special set of benefits. 2021-2022 BGS benefits will focus on exclusive access to JUF programming, high-level briefings on current events and opportunities to engage with our agencies. The full slate of benefits will include the following:
- Access to invite-only, BGS signature event: Society Night Live
- VIP treatment at YLD's Big Event Fundraiser
- Preferred seating and expedited security at certain events
- Unique travel opportunities with fellow BGS members
- High-level briefings on current events
- Exclusive opportunities to engage with senior community leaders
- Insider access to JUF agencies
We are in the process of planning upcoming BGS programs. Check back after the new year for 2021-2022 programs.
Please contact Assistant Vice President, Young Adult Philanthropy and Engagement, Elyse Saretsky at 312-357-4880 with questions and to learn how you can get involved today!
To become a part of this committed and passionate group of Jewish adults...
Let us know your ideas for future BGS events.