Understanding Iran: An in-depth discussion on the current civil
unrest, the regime's threats to global security, and the American government's
strategic response. February 1, 2023
David Schenker is the Taube Senior Fellow at The Washington
Institute and director of the Program on Arab Politics.
Dr. Haleh Esfandiari is a Distinguished Public Policy Fellow and
the former and founding Director of the Middle East Program at the Woodrow
Wilson International Center for Scholars.
Norman T. Roule is a Member of Advisory Board, United Against a
Nuclear Iran (UANI) and works as a business consultant on Middle East
political, security, economic, and energy issues with an emphasis on the Gulf
Cooperation Council states and Iran. Mr. Roule served for 34 years in the
Central Intelligence Agency, managing significant programs relating to the
Report raises nuclear monitoring concerns
The U.S. Government Accountability Office, an independent, non-partisan agency, released a report Tuesday, Feb. 23 raising concerns about the ability of the IAEA to monitor and verify Iran's obligations under the JCPOA.
Renewed Iran Community Action Plan
The Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
issued a statement on August 14, 2015.
UN atomic agency closes Iran nuclear investigation
by Steven Dishler - December 17, 2015
The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency’s (IAEA) Board of Governors voted Tuesday
to close its decade-long investigation into Iran’s suspected program to design a nuclear weapon. The action means that some allegations about the weapons project may never be answered.
Analysts present positions on Iran nuclear agreement
by Ceren Maeir - July 23, 2015
What does the recently released nuclear agreement with Iran (
Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action) bode for Israel, America and the American Jewish community?
Some 100 delegates of JUF's Jewish Community Relations Council and other community members gathered at JUF on July 20 to hear three different perspectives. Speakers included Ambassador Dennis Ross, fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and former special assistant to President Obama; Jon Wolfsthal, senior director for Nonproliferation for the National Security Council; and Roey Gilad, Consul General of Israel to the Midwest.
Keep the end goal in sight: Iran never getting a nuclear bomb
July 14, 2015
The Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago today released the following statement regarding the announcement of an agreement between the P5 + 1 - the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, China, Russia - and Iran on Iran's nuclear program:
The threat of the Islamic Republic of Iran ever obtaining nuclear weapons is a matter of the gravest concern to our community and the world. The effort to reach an accord between the P5 + 1 countries and Iran reflects that concern and the goal of all peace-loving peoples: preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.
That objective has informed our advocacy efforts for the past two decades. In 2007, JUF's Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) unanimously passed its
Action Plan to Combat the Threats Posed by Iran , aimed at educating and mobilizing both the Jewish and broader community. Such efforts led to the successful passage of Iran divestment actions by the
State of Illinois , Cook County and the
City of Chicago , as well as other actions.
Diplomacy strengthened by sanctions, rather than war, remains our strong preference and the wisest course.
- Third Time the Charm for Reform in Iran? by Patrick Clawson. March 4, 2016. (The Washington Institute)
- Debating the Iran nuclear deal by Robert Einhorn. August 2015. (Brookings)
- Israel and the Iran nuclear deal: 'Chronicle of a failure foretold?' by Emily B. Landau, Shimon Stein (The Institute for National Security Studies)
- Breakout timelines under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action. August 18, 2015 (Institute for Science and International Security)
- Decoding the Iran agreement part 2: Jon Wolfsthal. August 13, 2015 (Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists)
- VIDEO: The Regional Impact of Additional Iranian Money. August 13, 2015 (The Washington Institute)
- There is a Path to a Better Deal with Iran by Robert Satloff. August 13, 2015 (The Washington Institute via The Atlantic)
- Clarifying a 'No' vote on the Iran nuclear agreement. August 10, 2015. (The Washington Institute)
- The Iran Nuclear Deal: A Definitive Guide. August 2015. (Belfer Center for International Affairs)
- Assessing the Iran nuclear agreement and the Washington Institute's Iran Study Group June 24 policy statement. August, 4, 2015. (The Washington Institute)
- What U.S. officials required; what the Iran deal concedes. July 28, 2015. (The Foreign Policy Initiative)
- Israel confronts the Iran nuclear deal by Michael Herzon. July 24, 2015 (The Washington Institute)
- Why Israelis strongly oppose the Iran deal by Ofer Bavly, Director of JUF's Israel Office (JUF News)
- What's really wrong with the Iran nuclear deal by Robert Satloff. July 14, 2015 (The Washington Institute)
- The Nuclear Agreement with Iran: Reflections and Forecasts (The Institute for National Security Studies)
- Analysis from the Center for American Progress
- Public statement on U.S. policy toward the Iran nuclear negotiations. June 24, 2015 (The Washington Institute)
Statements from U.S. officials on the JCPOA
Statements from Israeli officials on the JCPOA
Statements from elected officials representing Illinois on the JCPOA
Contact your member of Congress!
Find their contact information.
the Iran Agreement
to the Iran Agreement
Statements from Jewish organizations
Positions on Iran nuclear agreement
Support the Iran Agreement
Oppose the Iran Agreement
- What should Obama do next on Iran? by Nicholas Burns. September 1, 2015. (The New York Times)
- 10 Question for President Obama About Iran by Jeffrey Goldberg and Robert Satloff. August 27, 2015 (The Atlantic)
- Congress Can Rewrite the Iran Deal. August 12, 2015 (The Wall Street Journal, subscription required.)
- Op-Ed: Obama is dog-whistling about Jews? Ridiculous by Alan Solow. August 14, 2015 (JTA.org)
- Why Iran's Anti-Semitism Matters. August 11, 2015. (The Atlantic)
- #JFedTalks: Iran nuclear agreement webcasts
- The nuclear accord with Iran: The day after by Professor David Menashri. July 30, 2015. (The Alliance Center for Iranian Studies)
- What information collected by Israeli Intelligence reveals about the Iran talks by Ronen Bergman. July 29, 2015. (Tablet)
- The Iran deal and the rut of history. July 27, 2015 (The Atlantic)
- Why war isn't inevitable if Congress rejects the Iran nuclear deal. July 24, 2015 (The Wall Street Journal)
- The Iran deal and the Hubris of uncertainty. July 24, 2015 (JTA.org)
- Dennis Ross: Iran deal leaves U.S. with tough questions. July 14, 2015 (The Washington Post)