BreakAway: Community Connection
An amazing program for anyone who loves to volunteer and help others
Campers will engage in a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout Wisconsin, including but not limited to work at a food bank, building homes, and a wildlife sanctuary. Each participant will be able to choose opportunities that are meaningful and interesting to them. We will also head to the Wisconsin Capital building in Madison for a tour and to meet with a variety of individuals that will help us understand how state government works, and what we can do to help. Finally, the campers will think of a project that they can work on that is meaningful to them.
• Spend the week with other Chicagoland teens at Camp Chi
• Travel around Wisconsin volunteering at a variety of amazing organizations.
• Head to the Wisconsin Capital building for a tour.
• Hang out in the evenings with all BreakAway participants at special events, campfires and more
- Perlstein Resort at Camp Chi
- Monday, March 26- Friday, March 30, 2018
$275 for first time participants; $400 for teens that have already participated in a Springboard School Break Program
- Cooking, Sports, Outdoor Adventure, Volunteering, Tree House Building
Q: My friend is participating in a different BreakAway project. Will I get to see him/her?
A: Yes. The great part about BreakAway is you can spend the day immersed in what interests you, and still get to hang out with your friends and all the teens from the other projects during meals, night activities, trips and down time.
Q: What types of volunteering will we be doing?
A: We will be taking a variety of trips to volunteer at a food bank, an animal shelter, a animal sanctuary, as well as others based on participant interest. An interest form will go out to those that sign up for the program to learn more about specific interests.