Want to be part of Diller Chicago's Cohort 10? Follow this link to apply now!
- Fellows are chosen based on their leadership aptitude, commitment to Jewish learning, passion for serving their community, and interest in exploring their connection to Israel. The program is open to rising sophomores and juniors throughout metropolitan Chicago.
- Applicants must submit one reference. References should be from non-related adults who can attest to your character and leadership skills. Personal friends are also not acceptable. You will submit your reference's information as part of your application, and they will automatically get emailed a reference form from us. You are responsible for following up with your reference to ensure that they submitted their recommendation form. Any questions or additional reference information can be sent to the Diller Program Director at email@example.com
- The Diller program requires a significant time commitment from Fellows and their families. To better understand the time commitment, download a sample from a recent cohort: Annual Calendar.
Funding and cost
- The Diller Teen Fellows program in Chicago is funded by the Helen Diller Family Foundation, a supporting foundation of the San Francisco Federation’s Jewish Community Endowment Fund; The Crown Family; and the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.
- Each fellow receives a $7,100 subsidy, resulting in a cost of $3,600 to the participant, which covers all program costs. Fellows may use up to $2,000 from their SKIP funds and they can use Bar/Bat Mitzvah certificates and Gift of Israel. Need-based scholarships are available and no applicant will be turned away for financial reasons.
Questions on applying for Chicago Diller Teen Fellows? Reach out to Program Director Joe Winner at JoeWinner@juf.org or 312-357-6252.