"Nate has returned to college and is still glowing from his LSIP experience. Thank you so much for selecting him to the program, it was easily one of the best experiences of his young adult life, and has given him career focus and new confidence, as well as many new friends and colleagues. I’m a huge
fan of LSIP and will be touting its many benefits." - Julie Evans, mother of Nate Evans, LSIP 2012
- Students apply to the Lewis Summer Intern Program (LSIP) online
. Applications are not complete until resume and two writing samples are turned in.
- LSIP Director screens applications and conducts first-round interview on a rolling basis.
- LSIP forwards top applicants to a second interview with internship placements and builds a wait-list. Matches are based on the candidate’s interests and needs of the organization.
- Placement supervisor and proposed candidate meet and mutually confirm match.
- Interns must submit background check and application to JUF to confirm placement in the 2020 cohort if offered a position.
- November 1, 2019: Application opens. First-round interviews begin on a rolling basis and continue through application deadline.
- January 2020: Second-round placement interviews begin.
- March 20, 2020: Application deadline.
- June 15-16, 2020: LSIP orientation
- June 17, 2020: Placements begin