(nee KLAFTER), 82. beloved wife of Salomon Amar. Devoted mother of Tedee Berez. Loving grandmother of Daniel and Amanda Waltuch. Fond aunt of many nieces and nephews. Daughter of the late Herbert and Elsie Klafter. Sister-in-law of Ninette (Seymour) Gaffin and the late Esther Rubin and David Amar. The Piser Chapel. Memorials to Congregation KINS of West Rogers Park, 2800 W. North Shore, Chicago, IL 60645.
(nee ZINN). Loving wife of the late Nathan Ander. Beloved mother of Marshall (Sheila) Ander, Sandra (Bernard) Stelzer, and Perry Ander. Loving grandmother of Alise (Paul), Cherie (Jason), Jennifer (Noah), Robin, Jordan, Kevin and Neal. Proud great-grandmother of Zack, Max, Garrett, Hannah, Emma, and Dylan. Dear sister of Dr. Sheldon( the late Joan ) Zinn, The late Ida (the late Kenneth) Weiner and Aaron (the late Lottie) Zinn. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Waldheim Jewish Cemetery.
ARBITURE, SHARON BARBARA
(nee SAX), 69. Beloved wife of Michael. Loving mother of Julie (Mike) Rohlfing and Dr. Todd (Dagmara) Arbiture. Cherished grandmother of James, Jacob and Kylie Sharon. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Second Home Cemetery, Milwaukee, WI. Memorials to Jim Wirtanen or Dennis Duffy at Libertyville High School, 708 W. Park Ave., Libertyville, IL 60048 or Charles Mann or Shannon Etnyre at Vernon Hills High School, 145 Lakeview Pkwy., Vernon Hills, IL, or one check or money order payable to: LHS Federation of Teachers, c/o Libertyville High School.
ARENBERG, HENRY X.
82. Husband of Joan. Father of Nancy (Glenn Harris) and Polly (Michael Siou). Grandfather of Julien X Lucca Siou. Brother of Ann Gips and Jane Eiseman. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Rosehill Cemetery. Memorials to Lake County Pads (www.lakecountypads.org) or National Adoption Foundation (www.nafadopt.org).
ARONSON, ALBERT A. "AL"
86. Beloved husband for 54 years of Charlotte (nee GORDON). Loving father of Leslye Hess and Shelley Sheinkop. Adored grandpa of Ryan and Elayne Hess and Jordan and Nikki Sheinkop. Cherished brother of the late Helen (late Louis) Tatel. Dear brother-in-law of the late Sylvia (late Ben) Arden. Congregation Beth Am. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter, 2050 Claire Ct., Glenview, IL 60025. The Goldman Funeral Group.
70. Beloved husband of Elaine (nee ZISLIS). Loving and devoted father of Karen (Steven) Grad, Carol (Michael) Nadler and Gary (Rachel) Axelrod. Cherished grandpa of Ethan Grad, Ari, Eva and Noah Nadler and Adam and Nathan Axelrod. Adored son of the late Sam and Eva Axelrod. Son-in-law of Beatrice and the late Harold Zislis. Treasured brother, uncle, cousin and friend of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 651 W. Washington Blvd., Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60661.
99. Husband of Ruth (nee GOLDBERG). Father of Sheldon (Joan), Anita (Alan Rhine) and Neil (Carla). Grandfather of Bonnie (Jess) Block, Jeremy (Amy) Banoff, Emma Rhine, and Lisa, Jenna and Rachel Banoff. Great-grandfather of Samantha and Andrew Block and Liam Banoff. Veteran of WWII. Memorials to American Cancer Society.
BEAR, RENEE JOYCE
68. Beloved daughter of Sylvia and the late Norman Bear. Dear "big sister" to Karen (Sam) Gersten. Devoted aunt to Josh, Michael, Blair and Lauren Gersten. The Goldman Funeral Group. Oakridge-Glen Oaks Jewish Cemetery. Memorials to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Adult Down Syndrome Center, (847) 384-3400, www.advocatehealth.com/waystogive.
100. Beloved husband of the late Eleanor. Dear brother of the late Norman, George and Lillian. Loving uncle of Fred, Randy, Sid and Wayne Becker, Judy Leas and Ilene Bernstein. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Randhill Park Cemetery.
BLACK, SIDNEY N.
Beloved husband of Sophie. Loving father of Nina (Avery Hart) and Rabbi Joseph (Susan) Black. Cherished grandfather of Ari (Becca Linden), Miranda (Jacob Shapiro), Nathaniel and Mollie Hart, and Elana and Ethan Black. Beth Emet Synagogue. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Beth Emet Synagogue. Jewish Oakridge Cemetery. Piser Funeral Service.
BUNIN, NINA M.
Beloved daughter of Max and June (nee Lome). Loving sister of Aimee Bunin and Diane (Jon) Powell. Cherished aunt of Sylvie, Eli, Natasha and Halle. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Sunset Memorial Lawns. Memorials to Art Institute, 37 South Wabash, Chicago, IL 60603, www.saic.edu.
74. Beloved husband of Deena (nee WINKLER). Devoted and loving father of Sheri Lynn (Richard Opiola). Dear brother of the late Bernadyne "Bunny" (Bernard Kasik) and the late Sheldon (Care) Chazdon. Many cherished nieces, nephews, grands, great-grands and loving friends. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Westlawn. Memorial to American Cancer Society, 820 Davis, Suite 400, Evanston, IL 60201, www.cancer.org.
CINOMAN, ROBERT LOUIS
86. Beloved husband of Laura (nee LEHMAN). Devoted father of Thomas (Margery Wallen) Cinoman, Barbara (Ronald) Shlensky, William, and the late Alan Cinoman. Cherished grandfather of Jack and Molly Cinoman, and Mitchell and Julia Shlensky. Dear brother of Richard (Louise) Cinoman. Congregation Etz Chaim, Lombard. Chesed v'Emet.
70. Beloved father of Lisa (Gary) Price, Eric Cohen and Neil Cohen. Dearest brother of Susan (the late Sanford) Feldblum. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to American Diabetes Assn., 30 N. Michigan Ave. Ste. #2015, Chicago, IL 60602.
(nee PELLER). Devoted wife of the late David. Loving mother of Ronna (Steven) Warshauer, Audrey (Michael) Rubinstein, Susan (Richard) Levy and Lisa (Malcolm) Doig. Beloved Grandma Mae of Rachel, Julie (Barry), Betsy, Matthew, Andrew, Mark, Diana, Jennifer and Benjamin. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Memorials to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 220 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60604 or the Ravinia Festival Tribute Fund, 418 Sheridan Road, Highland Park, IL 60035.
COWIN, ROSALIND H.
(nee LEVY), 81. Beloved wife of the late Robert. Loving mother of Sheldon (Angie), Lori (John) Tetlak and Howard (Gina). Cherished grandmother of Jessica and Amy Cowin, Julie (Peter) Fleskes, Jonathon Tetlak, and Tyler and Marrisa Cowin. Dear brother of Arthur (Pearl) Levy. Treasured aunt, cousin and friend of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
CUTLER, YVETTE F.
(nee BERMAN). Beloved wife of the late Albert Cutler. Devoted mother of Brian (Valorie), Cy (Miriam), Garry (Carmela) and Duane (Denise) Cutler. Proud grandmother of Richard (Stephanie), Alex, Danielle, Jason (Lauren), David, Justine, Kate, Ysabel, Troy, Alec and Trever. Dear sister of Elaine (the late Bernie) Ocrant and Patricia Marmer. Cherished aunt, great aunt and friend of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorial Park.
DAVIS, LESLIE A.
Cherished daughter of Harold Heyward and the late Frida Heyward. Beloved wife of the late Arvin Davis. Loving mother of Laura (David) Jaeger and Andrew (Florinda) Davis. Adoring grandmother of Abigail and Delila Jaeger and Jeremy and Lauren Davis. Weinstein Funeral Home. Westlawn Cemetery.
81. Beloved husband of June. Loving father of Judi (Steve) Goode, Helene Davitz, Cindi (Joel) Christiansen. Kvelling Papa of Scott (Rachel) Goode, Eric Goode, and Mollie Christiansen. Cherished uncle of Leslie, Daniel, Lyndee, and Mara Yamshon. Dear foster-brother of the late Inga Glick. Congregation B'nai Jehoshua Beth Elohim. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorial contributions may be made to Congregation BJBE, www.bjbe.org, or American Cancer Society, 820 Davis St., Suite 400, Evanston, IL 60201, www.cancer.org.
DEGRAFF, SCOTT A.
Beloved husband of Liza (nee STRUSINER). Loving father of Dylan and Caitlin. Devoted son of Suzanne and the late Melvin. Treasured brother of Steven (Jami). Adored uncle of Alix and Danny. Cherished friend of many. Am Shalom, Glencoe. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Interment: Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression, www.ifred.org.
(nee SHATZ), 96. Beloved wife of the late Bernard. Loving mother of Jay (Barbara) Distenfield and Marcia (Arno) Filerman. Proud grandmother of Robin (Jim) Boisbert, Julie (David) Schwartz, Robert (fiancee Patricia Niemi) Distenfield, Barry (Karen) Filerman, Lori Bourque and Stacey (Brian) Price. Cherished great-grandmother of Eyona and Peter Filerman, Jerrick and Leilah Borque, Dominique and Danielle Boisbert, Sarah and Jack Distenfield and Lucas Schwartz. Dear sister of the late Alec (Charlotte) Shatz. Adored caregiver Dulce Coladilla. Congregation B'nai Jehoshua Beth Elohim. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Shalom. Memorial contributions may be made to Congregation BJBE, www.bjbe.org, or Juvenile Diabetes, 11 S. LaSalle St., Suite 1800, Chicago, IL 60603, www.jdrfillinois.org.
FINEMAN, JUANITA A.
(nee HERMAN). Beloved wife of the late Sidney Fineman. Devoted mother of Glen (Hollie) Fineman and the late Mark (Michelle) Fineman. Proud grandmother of Michael (Lindsay), Nathan Fineman, Harmony (Eric) Little and Sebastian (Anna) Prosser. Loving great grandmother of Uma Rose Prosser. Dear sister of Florence (the late Lou) Nemkov. Waldheim Jewish Cemetery. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorials in her memory to Chicago Area Chapter of The Ninety-Nines, www.chicagoarea99s.org or to Beth El Synagogue, 14506 California Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68154, www.bethel-omaha.org would be appreciated.
(nee PERLEMAN). Loving mother of Carl (Shay) Jacobson, Barbara (William) Dutton, Deborah (Neal) Sternecky, and the late Alan (Jeanne) Jacobson. Adored grandmother of Lee, Grant (Yong Soon) and Stuart Jacobson, Jennie and Gregg Jacobson, Julie, Michael and Steven Dutton, Adam, Kate and Jane Sternecky. Temple Anshe Sholom, Olympia Fields. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Beverly Cemetery. Memorials to Temple Anshe Sholom.
FLEISCHMAN, DOROTHY "DODIE"
Beloved wife of Dr. Ira Fleischman. Loving mother of Shelley (Larry) Stern, Jami (Brad) Brenner, Steven Fleischman and Annie Soffer. Proud grandmother of Field (Jenny), Chase and Cole Stern, Blaine, Kyle and Cort Brenner, Landon and Drew Soffer. Dear sister of Martin (Judy) Meyers. Loving aunt of Brooke (Blake) Levine and Brad (Jen) Meyers. LIfelong friend of "Bobbie" (Ronnie) Marcus. Loving and cherished friend to thousands. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home.
FRAZIN, JAMES L.
66. Devoted father of Adam J. (Natalie S.) Frazin. Cherished grandfather of Sarah, Erica and Evan Frazin. Loving brother of the late Joseph Frazin. Caring ex-husband of Roberta "Bobbi" Frazin. Westlawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in his memory may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Diabetes Association.
Beloved husband of the late Ida (nee GREENBAUM). Loving father of Moseh (Mimi Pais) Fried and Tuvia (Dianne) Fried. Cherished grandfather of Ilana, Talia and Hershel Fried. Sole survivor of a large family that perished in the Holocaust. Proud veteran of the Israel Defense Forces. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials the Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL 60077.
Beloved husband of Nancy (nee BOLAND). Loving father of Allison (Jim) Lemberg, Marla (Robin) Pendergrast, William (Dana) Cummings and Alicia Gamze. Proud grandpa of Jason (Amy), Casey (Stacy) and Matthew Lemberg, Tricia Pendergrast, Christa and Katherine Cummings and great-grandpa of Benjamin. Dear brother of the late Jerry (Judy). Fond uncle, cousin and friend of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Interment: Randhill Park Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to American Cancer Society, 820 Davis Street, Suite 400, Evanston, IL 60201.
(formerly Gerowitz), 59. Beloved husband and best friend of Charlene (nee PIERCE). Adoring father of Gigi. Loving son of the late Nathan and Sharon Gerowitz. Terrific brother of Rob (Korreen) Gerowitz and the late Paula Rubin. Fun uncle and devoted friend. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Interment: Randhill Park Cemetery. Memorials to Anshe Tikvah, Cantor's Fund, P.O Box 2455, Northbrook, IL 60065-2455.
GELFMAN, PAUL M.
86. Beloved husband of Florine (nee FOX). Cherished father of Stuart G. (Wendy Shorr) Gelfman and Linda Gelfman (Thomas Powell). Devoted grandfather of Billy, Noah and Phoebe. Dear brother of Morton (the late June). Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Congregation Solel. Shalom Memorial Park.
(nee KIRSCHNER), 78. Wife of Phillip. Mother of Elizabeth "Beth" (Tom) Sivak, Stephen (Diane) Gelman, and Michael (Jennifer). Grandmother of Jessy, Cora, David and Isaac. Sister of Alan (the late Lois) Kirschner and the late Jack (Tish) Kirschner and Doris Kirschner. Sunset Memorial Lawns Cemetery Chapel. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals.
GERBER, ROBERT "RUBY"
Adored son of the late Fanny and the late Aleck. Faithful husband of the late Shirley (nee ROSHAL). Proud father of Michael (Rita), Richard (Beth) and Anita (Joel Sugar). Dear grandfather of Andrew, Rachel, Jessica, Jamie, and Zoe Gerber, and Nicole and Danny Sugar. Beloved brother of Morris (Muriel), Selma (late Warren) Erhardt and Lolly (Cy) Rosengarten, the late Lillian (late William) Levin and the late Bernard (late Ruth). Dear uncle of many nieces and nephews. Proud Veteran of WWII. The Goldman Funeral Group. Interment: Waldheim Cemetery. Memorials to the Lambs Farm, 14245 Rockland Road, Libertyville, IL 60048 or Hadassah, 4711 Golf Road, Suite 600, Skokie, IL 60076 would be appreciated.
GERSON KYNASTON, AMY
Beloved daughter of Isak and Nancy Gerson. Dear sister of Susan (Steven) Haskins-Doloff. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee PAPERMASTER), 94. Beloved wife of the late Jack Eaton and Charles Gersten. Dear mother of Madeline Eaton, Lois (Harry) Goldman, and Michael (Lois) Eaton. Devoted grandmother of 6 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. Lloyd Mandel Levayah Funerals. Rosehill Cemetery.
(nee KARBIN), 86. Beloved wife of the late Irvin R. Loving mother of Alan (Cookie Gluck) Goldberg, Donald Goldberg, Janice (Jay) Sackett and Edie (Neil) Steinberg. Proud Bubbie of Julia and Rachel Goldberg, Esther, Sarah and Beth Sackett, and Ross and Kent Steinberg. Dear sister of the late Sam Karbin and Bernard Karbin. Adored aunt and friend of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Jewish Oakridge, Hillside. Memorials to Boys and Girls Club of West Cook County, 4000 Saint Paul Ave., Bellwood, IL 60104, www.bgcwestcook.org.
79. Beloved sister of Anne (the late Phillip) Horwitz, Edith (Ralph Kahn) Solomon, the late Isadore (Hoda) Goldberg, the late Celia (Arthur) Feldner, and the late Louis (Celia) Kanefsky. Loving aunt, great-aunt and friend of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Menorah Gardens Cemetery.
GOLDBLATT, SANDRA "SANDI"
(nee JACOBSON). Beloved wife of Norman. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Beth Shearim.
GOLDSTEIN, ERNEST B.
Loving husband of Betty (nee LAVIN). Devoted father of Susan Feuer, Robert (Sherry) Goldstein and Carol (Jamie) Kahn. Proud grandfather of Karyn (Rabbi Naphtali), Michael (Tova), Erica (Josh), Adam and Lauren (Eitan). Cherished great grandfather of Binyomin, Doniel, Julie, Shaina, Ariella, Chaim, Zachary, Alex, Malka, Yakeira, Zohara and Makenzie. Dear brother of Marvin (Lenore) Goldstien and Lois (Ben) Craven. Chicago Jewish Funerals . Interment: Shalom. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to P'tach, 4600 Main Street, Skokie, Illinois 60076, or to Lake Shore Drive Synagogue 70 E Elm Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611 www.lsds70.org.
Beloved husband of Sandra (nee WEINSTEIN). Devoted father of Barry Gorstein, Alan (Martine) Gorstein and Robert (Sarah) Gorstein. Proud grandfather of Matthew, Shelby, Evan, Rayna, Talia, Naomi and William. Dear brother of Esther (the late Bob) Farber, Jennie (the late Alvin) Michell and Marilyn (Sidney) Small. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Shalom. Memorials to Northwest Suburban Chabad 16296 West Aptakisic Road, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, www.nwschabad.org, and Project SEED of Suburban Chicago, PO Box 6043, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089.
GRABER FOLEY, SYLVIA
86. Daughter of the late Sam and Helen Graber. Sister of Reva (Sidney) Rosenberg and Ina (Marshall) Feinberg. Cousin of Brian Moskowitz, Norman (Malke) Goldberg, Howard (Francine) Pergamit, Phylis (Sanford) Levine, Sheila Kessler and Marilyn Siegel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Hadassah, 4711 W. Golf Rd., Suite 600, Skokie, IL 60076.
80. Husband of Barbara. Father of Debbie Greene, Andrea (Lance Goodman) Newman and David (the late Cheryl Greene). Grandfather of Emily and Miranda. Brother of Irwin (Lotus) Greene. Dear father-in-law of the late Daniel Newman. Preceded in death by his sister Shirley and twin brother Marvin. Proud veteran of the U.S. Army. served in Korea, member of the Jewish War Veterans Post 89. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
(nee SHUTMAN). Loving wife of the late Morton. Beloved mother of Dr. Michael (Eileen) Groner, Dr. Dennis (Barbara) Groner and Dr. Jeffrey Groner. Proud grandmother of Sora Lichtman, Chana Hamaoui, Dr. Avi Groner, Dr. Mordy Groner, Matthew Groner and Kimberley Green. Cherished great-grandmother of 14. Loving daughter of the late Myer and Gussie Shutman. Dear sister of the late Charles Shutman. Fond sister-in law of Sylvia Shutman. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
(nee SIEGEL). Loving mother of Bill (Deb) Harrison, Craig (Nancy) Harrison and April Goldenberg. Wonderful grandmother of Alex, Ben, Daniel, and Matthew Harrison, and Jacob Goldenberg. Cherished sister of June (the late Sheldon) Clar. Beloved aunt of Elizabeth, Bob (Louise) and Steve Clar. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorials in her memory be made to the Anti Cruelty Society 157 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654 www.anticruelty.org.
HARTENSTEIN, NACNI ANN
49. Devoted daughter of Jackie (Shel) Kolner and the late Harvey A. Hartenstein. Cherished step-daughter of the late Larry Hollander. Loving sister of Jodi (Chuck) McPherson and Steven (Jennifer) Hartenstein. Dear step-sister of Rick (Donna) Hollander, Chuck (Melody) and Joel (Lisa) Kolner. Treasured aunt of Joshua, Jessica (fiancé Kyle Johnson) and Nicole Gordon, Jeremy, and Jason and Brooke Hartenstein and great aunt of Ethan Johnson. Adored niece of Mona (Frank) Bender. Special cousin and friend of many. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. In lieu of flowers, contributions to the charity of your choice.
(nee KLEINMAN), 84. Holocaust survivor. Beloved wife of the late Jack. Adored mother of Rita Lebovic, Fred and Allen. Proud and loving grandmother of Kenny (Ashley) and Aaron Lebovic, and Loren (Christy), David (Becky) and Rachel Hasselson. Dear aunt and friend to many. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to SelfHelp Home, Chicago, or to North Boundary Hadassah, Skokie.
Beloved husband of the late Goldie (nee RUBIN). Loving father of Leah (Hersholt) Rosman and William (Rheon) Herst. Loving grandfather of the late Judy Rosman. Dear brother of Milton (Ilse) Herst, the late Yolan (the late Aaron) Herst, William Herst, Julius Herst, Frieda (the late Adolph) Markowitz, Rose (the late Kurt) Loewy, Eugene (the late Sylvia) Herst, and Elaine (the late Emery) Gordon. Fond uncle of many nieces and nephews. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Waldheim Jewish Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials in his memory to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
81. Loving husband and friend of Ina (nee STEIN). Proud father of Beth (Joel) Chaitman, Brenda (Marc) Gelfond, and the late Theodore Hill (Michael Fruchter). Devoted Papa to Steven, Marty, Maren, and Shayne. Brother of Paul (Cyrile) Hill. Temple Beth Israel. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Westlawn. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Temple Beth Israel, www.tbiskokie.org or the Chicago Botanic Garden, 1000 Lake Cook, Glencoe, 60022, www.chicagobotanic.org.
Holocaust Survivor. Beloved husband of Helen Holz (nee GINGOLD). Devoted son of the late Margaret and the late William Holz. Fond brother of the late Hanna (Rudy) Tuteur. Loving uncle to Dr. Peter (Susan)Tuteur, Dr. Jennifer Tuteur, Andrew (Lisa) Tuteur, Laura Lillien and Jeff (Elizabeth)Lillien. Cherished great-uncle to Sam and Zachary Danque-Tuteur, Jacob, and Woolfie Tuteur. Dear brother-in-law of Mala (Cy) Lillien and Frieda Gingold. The New Light Cemetery Chapel. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
HORWITZ, BRUCE H.
57. Best husband of Fran, (nee ICKOVIC). All-star father of Jessica and Michael. Big brother of Mitch (Dani). Devoted son of the late Hersh and June. Dear son-in-law of Elsa and the late Martin Ickovic. Fond brother-in-law of David Ickovic and Susie (Ed) Balikov. Treasured uncle of Eli, Drew, Matthew and Jennifer. Coach Bruce and friend to many. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, 383 Main Ave., 5th Fl, Norwalk, CT 06851.
JACOBS, LYLE R.
75. Beloved husband for 20 years of Judith (nee LESSER and FRANK). Loving father of Sharon (Marc) Pechter, Harland (Lori) Jacobs, Mark (Sheri) Loren and Mitchell (Traci) Jacobs. Adored step-father of Julie (David) Schiffman, Mark Lesser and Shari (Keith) Wenk. Proud grandpa and papa of Jake, Abbey, Shay, Haise, Jaime, Ashley, Kenna, Stevi, Bailey, Alexis, Jordyn, Adam, Jason, Sara and Taylor. Dear brother of Irwin (Lidia) Jacobs. Special cousin of Lois (late Richard) Rosen. Loyal friend to many. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to New Foundation Center, 444 Frontage Rd., Northfield, IL 60093.
KADISH, DAVID S.
97. Beloved husband of Birdie (nee HAUSER) . Cherished father of Melva (Sanford) Klein and Lenore Kadish. Proud and loving grandfather of Julie (Marc) Woodard and the late Dr. Gregory Klein. Dearest brother of the late Sylvia Israel, Lewis Kade, Meyer Kadish, Rose Miller and Ruth Cohen Goldt. Caring uncle of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to American Heart Assn, 208 S. LaSalle, Chicago, IL 60604.
KAPLAN, LEROY O.D.
Beloved husband of Natalie (nee GREENBERG). Devoted father of Marla (David) Schexnider and Lori B. Kaplan. Proud grandfather of Jocelyn (Scott) Chilson, Lisa Kollath, Daniel Schexnider and Michael Schexnider. Cherished great-grandfather of Sage Chilson. Dear brother of Naomi (the late Arnold) Rosenberg and the late Donald (Joy) Kaplan. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Zion Gardens. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the Jewish United Fund, 30 S. Wells St., Chicago, IL 60606, www.juf.org/donate would be appreciated.
KAPLAN, WILLIAM SAMUEL "BILLY"
61. Loving father of Hillary Kaplan. Adored grandfather of Joshua. Devoted son of the late Hyman and the late Harriet. Dear brother of Barbara Cohen and Jeanette (Marshall) Sugar. Treasured uncle of Helene (Dennis) Gilbert, Lori Sugar and Howard (Sheri) Sugar. Life-long friend and step-cousin of Jay (Sherry) Smith. Special cousin, great uncle and friend of many. The Goldman Funeral Group. Oak Woods Cemetery.
KITE, BRUCE GORDON
52. Loving husband of Tracey (nee LIPSIG). Adoring father of Charlotte and Hannah. Caring son of Isabelle Edith and the late Robert Kite. Brother of Charles Kite. Dear friend to many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorial Park, Skokie. Memorials to JCFS/Jewish Healing Network of Chicago, 5150 Golf Road, Skokie, IL 60076 or www.jcfs.org, directed to JHNC.
KIVER, RUTH A.
(nee BLUM). Beloved wife for 61 years of the late Milton S. Kiver. Loving mother of Diane K. Shah and the late Maureen K. Scott. Adored grandmother of M. Samuel and Rebecca Scott. Cherished sister of the late Arthur J. (late Barbara) Blum. Treasured aunt and great-aunt. She was lovingly cared for by Tom. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Womens American ORT, 3400 Dundee Rd., Northbrook, IL 60062.
KREIMAN, JERRY S.
Beloved husband of the late Alice (nee RUBIN).Devoted father of Deborah (Marvin) Talsky, Lisa Gendel and David (Kate) Kreiman. Loving and proud grandfather of Naomi, Taylor, Jordyn, Jessie, Sydney and Charlie. Dear brother of Ruth (the late Louis) Pure, the late Sidney (Pearl) and the late Norman (the late Diane) Kreiman. Chicago Jewish Funerals.
96. Beloved wife of the late Louis. Loving mother of Marsha (Jack) Solomon, Sharon Wirtz and Leon (Jeanette Meizner). Cherished Bubba of Ronald (Melissa), Scott, Lynette (Mike) and Jennifer (Greg). Treasured great grandmother of Shawn, Caelyn, Henry and Lily. Fond sister of David (Harriett) and the late Philip (the late Lillian) Schacter. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
KROICHICK, MIRIAM "MIM"
(nee KLEIN), 94. Beloved wife of the late Edward. Loving mother of Michael (Betty) and Judy (Alan) Harris. Cherished grandma of Ron (Andrea), Marci (Kory), Seth (Merri), Kevin (Dori), Marshall (Allison) and Charlie. Adored great-grandma (Nonnie Mim) of Stephanie, Kendra, Morgan, Trevin, Bailey, Riley, Dylan, Noa, Shaya, Rex , Mack and Emmett. Shalom Memorial Park.
89. Beloved husband of the late Rochelle Lee (nee HIRSHMAN). Loving father of Kathy Lee and Amy (Jeff) Gwilliam. Proud grandfather of Anna Seidman, Alexa Sorock, Nora Seidman, and Sam Sorock. Cherished step-grandfather of David , Jessica and Adam Gwilliam. Dear brother of Marshall (Alice) Lee and the late Lorraine (Norm) Ament. Fond uncle and friend of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials to The Rochelle Lee Fund, 5153 N. Clark St., Suite 206, Chicago, IL 60640, www.boundlessreaders.org or to Lupus Foundation of America, 2000 L Street NW,Suite 710, Washington, DC 20036, www.lupus.org
(nee PRITIKIN), 84. Beloved wife and best friend of Albert. Loving mother of Ruth Fink (Jerry Miller), Linda (Maris) Eshleman and Stuart (Debbie) Lee. Cherished grandma of Jackie (Rick) Barstow, Sheri (Rick) VanOverloop, Seth Lazarus, Abraham and Benjamin Lee and David and Joe Amar. Adored great- grandmother of many. Devoted daughter of the late Jack and Bessie Pritikin. Dear sister of Shirley Ross, Harriett (Jerome) Drazner and the late Marvin (the late Audrey) Pritikin. Treasured aunt, cousin and friend of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the American Cancer Society, 820 Davis Street, Suite 400, Evanston, IL 60201.
LEVI, HARRY J.
92 ½. Blessed husband to Elsa T. Levi (nee TELLER). Cherished father of Katherine (John) Clay and Ann (Paul) Nick. Proud grandfather of Benjamin (Rebecca) Nick, Eleanor (David) Kirtley and Charles Clay. Special great-grandfather of Bradley Nick. Dear brother of the late Julian H. Levi and the late Edward H. Levi. Privileged to serve his country in WWII. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
LEVIN, EDWARD F.
Beloved husband of the late Marcia. Loving father of Michelle (Raymond) Parker. Fond grandfather of Jonathan Parker. Grandson of the late Nathan (Bessie) Shapiro. Piser Funeral Services. Westlawn Cemetery. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
LEVIN, JORDON DR.
PsyD, 81. Beloved husband of Marlene (nee GERSON). Loving father of Ronda Levin and Taryn (Scott) Goldstein. Cherished poppy of Brandyn, Briana, Ryan, Tyler and Jason. Dear brother of Eleanor (the late Jack) Springer. Fond father-in-law of Javier Perez. Uncle, cousin, brother-in-law and friend. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Memorials to the Kellogg Cancer Center, 2650 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201.
(nee HUSTER), 98. Beloved wife of the late Ezra George. Loving mother of Joel (June) and Sandra (Philip) Rich. Dear grandmother of Avril Jan (Edward) Adelman, Richard (ellen)Levin,Ilene (James) Grant and Ellen (Edward) Bakal. Great-grandmother of Shoshana (Paul) Kandel, Isaac (Chaya) Adelman, Sean, Gillian, Aisling, Penn, Dakota, Nathan, Stephaine, and the late Sarah. Great-great-grandmother of Haggai, Yedidya and Zapporah Hila. Piser Chapel. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Sarah Adelman Memorial Fund, 8032 Amhurst Ave., University City, MO 63130.
LEWISOHN, JOAN SNYDER
65. Adoring wife of Richard. Mother of Brandon and Heather. Beloved grandmother of four. Sister of Sheldon Snyder. Aunt of David Snyder, Amy Helgren, Scott Snyder and Susan Linker. Temple Sholom of Chicago. Piser Funeral Service. Memorials to the Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute/Mera Lome, 251 E. Huron Street Galter Pavilion Suite 3-200, Chicago, IL 60611.
(nee SCHORR), 87. Beloved wife of the late Melvin Lieberman. Loving mother of Ken (Barbara) Lieberman and Marny Dixon. Devoted sister of Marj Binder. Cherished grandmother of Dawn Lieberman, Dana (Scott) Price, and Seth Dixon. Adoring great-grandmother of Maya Lieberman and Addison and Brody Price. Weinstein Funeral Homes. Memorial Park Cemetery Mausoleum. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to Phyllis Lieberman's memory may be made to BJE-Board of Jewish Education, 3320 Dundee Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062, 847-291-7788, www.bjechicago.org.
(nee GUTOW), 86. Beloved wife of Arthur S. Lipski. Cherished mother of Douglas R. (Vicki) Lipski. Devoted grandmother of Eve (Matthew) Koehler and Daniel Lipski. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Shalom Memorial Park.
Loving husband of the late Ruth Marcus. Devoted father of Gayle (David) Aronin, Lynda (Alan) Siegman and Wendy (Avi) Ashman. Proud grandfather and great-grandfather to many. Dear brother of Daniel (Adeline) Marcus, Sally (Sheldon) Lazar and Estelle (the late Conrad) Pallman. Chicago Jewish Funerals Chapel. Interment: Shalom. Memorials to Skokie Community Kollel, 3732 W. Dempster, Skokie, IL, 60076 www.skokiekollel.org, or to the Shomrim Society of Illinois, P.O. Box 59258 Chicago Illinois 60659 www.shomrimillinois.org.
(nee PALMER), 81. Beloved wife of the late David. Devoted and cherished mother of Jeffrey (Mary) and the late Marc. Loving grandmother of Benjamin. Dear sister of the late Sam (the late Lil) and the late Dorothy (Ezra) Greenfield. Fond aunt of many nieces and nephews. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to American Cancer Society, 820 Davis St., Suite 340, Evanston, IL 60201.
MILLER, FRANCES E.
(nee EISENDORF), 96. Beloved wife of the late Samuel P. Miller. Devoted mother of Marilyn Bizar(Michael) Koch and the late Lois Freeman. Dear mother-in-law of Rickey (Joan) Freeman. Proud grandmother of Josh Bizar, Michael (Gigi) Bizar, Liza Freeman, Dina Freeman, Stacy (Marc Holubow) Koch and Jeffrey (Cheryl) Koch.Cherished great-grandmother of Izzie, Noah, Sydney, Koryn, Kaleb, Kyra, Ben, Claire and Madeleine. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorials to the Multiple Sclerosis Society, 525 West Monroe, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60661, www.nationalmssociety.org, would be appreciated.
Beloved husband of the late Barbara. Devoted father of Hal (Linda) and Hugh Morris. Loving grandfather of Aaron and Brett. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to National Kidney Foundation of Illinois, 215 W. Illinois, Suite 1C, Chicago, IL 60654, www.nkfi.org.
93. Beloved husband of the late Shirley (nee TURMAN). Loving father of Ron (Pam) and the late Pamela (David) Kalish. Proud grandpa of Mitchell (Zakiyyah) and Daniel. Adoring great-grandfather of Chloe and Noah. Dear brother of the late Bertha (the late Morrie) Blum. Treasured uncle of Lois (Joseph) Wolf and many more. Fond companion of Gertrude Benovitz and her daughter Elise. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to American Diabetes Association or The Kidney Foundation of Illinois.
PLATT, JUDITH "JUDY"
(nee BRODY). Beloved wife of George. Devoted and loving mother of Shari (Gerald) Cohen, Kenneth (Susan) Platt and Jeremy (Rachel) Platt. Proud and devoted "Grammy" of Brittany, Matthew, Jordan, Lindsey, Lauren, Dylan and Ari. Dearest sister of Barbara (Stanley) Neimark and Phyllis ( Dr. Dennis) Levinson. Beloved daughter of the late Samuel and Betty Brody. Loving Auntie Judy and dear cousin and friend to many. Congregation Beth Shalom. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Memorials to Congregation Beth Shalom, 3433 Walters in Northbrook, IL 60062, or to Solomon Schechter Day School, 3210 Dundee Road in Northbrook, IL, 60062.
(nee TIVIN), 93. Beloved wife of the late Raymond. Cherished mother of Terry and Jim (Michele) Pockross. Dear sister of the late Leo (the late Harriet) Tivin. Fond aunt of Lynn (Maurice) Egert, Stuart (Cathy) and Keith (Mimi) Pockross. Lawrence Funeral Home. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Zion Gardens Cemetery.
PODOLSKY ROSE ANN
(nee BARON). Beloved wife of Alfred. Dearest mother of Sherman (Ellen) Podalsky and Rita (Doron) Becker. Grandmother of Amy, Lisa and Jason Podolsky and Ari and Elan Becker. Piser Funeral Services. Waldheim Cemetery.
Holocaust Survivor, 83. Beloved husband of the late Esther. Loving father of Aren (Cecilia), Sherwin (late Linda), and Karen (Jack) Platt. Adored zaide of Benji, Esther (Ralph) Chalouh, Yitzi (Sora Gila) Platt, Samantha, Rachel and Kasey. Proud great-grandfather of Elan, Abie, Mark and Miriam. Dear brother of Barbara (Irving) Silberberg and Reva (Seymour) Adelman. The Goldman Funeral Group. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the Holocaust Memorial Foundation, 9603 Woods, Skokie, IL 60077.
POTTER, BABETTE "BABS"
(nee BOMASH). Beloved wife of the late Chad. Dear mother of Jody Potter, the late Victoria Potter and Tracy Lee (Keith) Thurnell. Loving grandmother of Dana Thurnell. Fond sister of the late Carol (Kurt) Rosen. Devoted aunt of Jennifer Rosen and Robin Rosen Marks. The Piser Chapel. Piser Funeral Services. Westlawn. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the University of Michigan Cancer Ctr, Breast Cancer Program, Attn: Katie McGrath, 2800 Plymouth Rd, Building 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
(nee WARD), 98. Beloved wife of the late Judge Seymour S. Price. Devoted mother of Andrew (Leslie) Price and Howard (Jane) Price. Loving grandmother of Allison Price (Jonathan Kaplan), Matthew (Suzanne) Price and Beth Wright and Hollie (Patrick) Quinn. Great-grandmother of Hannah Bobbie, Amber Rose and Campbell. Dear sister of the late Harold, Gerald, and Norman Ward and Muriel Chavin. The Piser Chapel. Piser Funeral Services. Westlawn Cemetery.
PROJANSKY, CAROLYN S.
57. Wife of Matthew Glasser. Loving and devoted mother of Adam and Mira Glasser. Beloved sister of Linda (Michael Blackstone) Projansky. Cherished daughter of the late Morris (Phyllis) and the late Marion Projansky. Treasured sister-in-law, aunt, step-sister, cousin, and friend of many. The Goldman Funeral Group. Interment: Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the Carolyn S. Projansky Scholarship Fund, Women in Film and Video, 3628 12th Street NE, Washington, DC 20017.
95. Beloved husband of late Rachel Radwin (nee KANTOROVECH). Loving father of Minda (Zygi) Boxer, Cyril (Lori) Radwin and the late Susan (Todd) Wegner. Cherished zaide of Oren (Lexi) and Naor Boxer, Matthew and Adam Wegner and Maxwell and Clark Radwin. Adored great-grandfather of Noah Boxer. Son of the late Cyra and David Radwine. Dear brother of the late Mae (the late Morrie) Wadro and Harry(the late Leila) Radwine. Treasured uncle of Anita, David (Anat), Michael (Hagar), Charles and Mark (Jill) Kantor, Sam (Wade), David (Mark) and Nat (Carol) Radwine, Harriet (Al) Pinchock, Jerry Wadro and the late Ronald Kantor. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Westlalwn Cemetery. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Association, 225 N. Michigan Avenue, 17th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-7633.
80. Beloved husband of Suzanne Fraker. Loving father of Shelley (Dr. Richard) Harris, Deborah Rapoport (Todd) Davis, Nancy (Arnie) Harris and Fred (Melanie Hutsell) Rapoport. Adored "Pappy" of Seth, Lexie and Elana Harris, Rachel and Zoe Davis, Sam, Abby and Jenna Harris, Carly and Leo Rapoport. Cherished brother of Betty (late Werner) Stern and the late Marshall Rapoport. Dear brother-in-law of John (Bonnie Champion) Fraker and the late Barbara (Richard) Lodge. Treasured uncle and friend of many. The Goldman Funeral Group. Memorial Park. Memorials to Roosevelt High School Athletic Fund, P.O. Box 1414, Highland Park, IL 60035, (847) 432-2773.
RESNICK, EUGENE L.
86. Beloved husband for 60 years to Elise "Bunny". Loving father of Karen (Barry) Gersowsky, Susie (Ronald) Weiss and Nancy (Ross) Friedman. Cherished grandfather of Molly, Gregory, Sarah, Kevin, Justin, Emily, Ryan, Mickey and Allison. Dear brother, uncle and friend. Decorated WWII Veteran. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the Parkinson Disease Association, 1800 N. Maine Street, Suite 215, Wheaton, IL 60187.
RISKIND, IDA S.
(nee STEINBERG). Devoted wife of the late Phillip A. "Pete" Riskind. Loving mother of Kenneth J. (Judy) and the late Donald J. (Linda) Gardner) Riskind. Wonderful grandmother of Patty Riskind (Gary Pickens), Peter (Debby) Riskind, Michael (Sheri) Riskind and Susie Riskind. Doting great-grandmother of Carson, Jeffrey, Josh, Brooke, Katy, Eve and Guy. Fond sister of Rose Rose, Minnie Mitchell, Jay Z. Steinberg, Pauline Hirsh, Sylvia Ware and Borie Steinberg. Piser Funeral Services. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund.
ROSE, ROSE M.
(nee MEERSON). Beloved wife of the late Seymour K. Rose. Dear sister of Dorothy (the late Earle) Reisberg and the late Morris (the late Harriet) Meerson. Fond sister-in-law of David Rose. Cherished aunt of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Waldheim Jewish Cemetery. Golden Giver member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to the Council for Jewish Elderly, 3003 W. Touhy, Chicago , IL 60645.
91, (nee GOLDBERG). Beloved wife of the late Max. Loving mother of Harold (Carol) and Steven (Michele). Cherished grandmother of Elizabeth Rosen, Abby (David) Karbin, Matthew Rosen and Danielle (Roy) Sayag. Treasured great-grandmother of Mia and Emmy Sayag. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the American Red Mogen David for Israel, 2100 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Ste. 205, Hallandale, FL 33009.
(nee GELBOIM),98. Beloved wife of the late Harry. Loving mother of Moishe (Laurie) Rosen, Lee "Lobby" Rosen and Tzvia (the late Bruno) Bieler. Devoted grandmother of 10. Cherished great-grandmother of 32. Proud great-great-grandmother of 3. The Ida Crown Jewish Academy. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Memorials to The Ida Crown Jewish Academy, 2828 W. Pratt Blvd, Chicago, IL 60645 www.icja.org.
96. Loving wife of the late Harry. Beloved mother of Dr. Paul Rosenblatt (Dr. Sara Wright), Doris (Kurt) Kopfstein. Adored grandmother of Seis (Rochel) Rosenblatt, Ira Rosenblatt (Dr. Christine Sullivan), Eric Kopfstein (Ronna Olney), Elizabeth and Laura Kopfstein, Emily Wright-Rosenblatt. Proud great-grandmother of 12. Loving aunt of special niece Corey Sapstein. She was preceded in death by great-grandsons Eli and Gedalya Rosenblatt. Lloyd Mandel Levayah Funerals. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the American Cancer Society.
ROTH, RUTH KAPLAN
97. Beloved wife of the late Jules Roth. Mother of Forest and Cynthia (Roth-Garfield). Grandmother of Aliya and Julia. Great-grandmother of Owen and Connor. Sister of Evelyn Hoffman, Dorothy Katz, the late Lillian Sosin and the late Florence Harris. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
(nee MORRIS) 82. Beloved wife of 64 years to Edwin Rubens. Cherished mother of Yamima Osher and Norman (Allison) Rubens. Proud Grandmother of Yael and Tzvi. Loving sister of Muriel (the late Richard) Chalem, Marsha (the late Merton) Brody, and Gail Brodie. Dear aunt and great-aunt to many nieces and nephews.
SEMEL, CHARLES E.
Beloved husband of Arlene (nee FREED). Loving father of Mitchell, Andrew, and David and father-in-law of Colleen Carroll,Amy Semel, and Suzanne Erickson. Devoted son of the late Betty and Jack and son-in-law of Toni and the late Seymour J. Freed. Proud grandfather of Natalie, Juliet, Isabel, Gabriel, and Forrest. Dear brother of Jeffery. Fond brother-in-law of Linda Semel and Michael and Jean Freed. Caring uncle of Eric, Laurie, and Ellen Freed and Adam, Nora, and Brian Semel. Cherished friend to many. Douglas Dawson Gallery. Piser Funeral Services. Memorials to Spence-Chapin Services to Families (www.spence-chapin.org), 410 East 92nd Street New York, NY 10128, or to Camp Nebagamon Charitable Giving (www.cncharities.org), P.O. Box 331, East Troy, WI 53120.
94. Beloved wife of the late Leonard. Beloved mother of Lynne (Jay) Feinberg and Jill (Joseph) Bongiorno. Treasured grandmother of Jill (Daniel) Shapiro, Cindy (Jeff) Reichman and Jeff (Cathy) Loeser. Proud great-grandmother of Andrew, Emily, Danielle, Josh, Madison and Jordan. Sister-in-law of Beatrice Lewin and Joyce Lewin. Piser Funeral Services. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the Alzheimer's Association of Chicago.
SERAFIN, EDWARD S. "EDDIE"
87. Beloved husband of the late Mildred "Millie". Devoted and loving father of Kandye (Robby) Martin. Proud "Papa" of Scott and Brian Martin. Adoring brother of Jane Serafinand Delores Malkowski; preceded in death by six siblings. Cherished brother-in-law of the late Dorothy (late Samuel) Rosenberg. Treasured uncle of Karyn (Mel) Berks, Michael (Jane) Rosenberg and many other dear nieces and nephews and loyal friend to all. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the Congregation Beth Shalom, Cantor's Good & Welfare Fund, 3433 Walters Ave., Northbrook, IL 60062 or American Cancer Society, 225 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601.
SHAPIRO, LISA ILENE
42. Beloved daughter of Sharon (nee Peck) and Dr. Michael Shapiro. Loving sister of Nancy (Brian) Pastroff. Devoted aunt of Isabelle, Miles and Sydney. Cherished granddaughter of the late Maurie and Shirley Shapiro and the late Isadore and Norma Peck. Dear niece of Deeann Levy and Natalie (Jerald) Groner. Dear friend to many throughout the country. Special thanks to our California family who loved Lisa like a daughter. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Donations to The American Lung Association, 55 W. Wacker Dr., Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60601, (312) 781-1100, or to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 651 W. Washington Blvd., Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60661, (312) 651-7350.
91. Son of the late Sam and Sarah Shlaes. Husband of the late Edythe Rose Shlaes (nee Falk) and the late Margie Gilbert (nee Ginsberg). Brother of Ben Shlaes and the late Barry Shlaes. Father of Evan (Terri) Shlaes and Loren Shlaes. Step-father of Joan (Will) Guilianelli, Jerry (Pam) Gilbert and Diane Shapiro. Longtime companion of Dorothy Pielet. Weinstein Funeral Home.
(nee AXELROD), 92. Beloved wife of the late Dr. Eli. Devoted mother of Dr. Stuart (Lois) and David Shulruff. Cherished grandmother of Zachary and Marissa Shulruff. Dear sister of Annette (the late Seymour) Goldman. Chesed v'Emet. Shalom Memorial Park. Remembrances may be made to American Heart Association, 208 S. LaSalle St., #1500, Chicago, 60604.
(nee ZALMAN). Beloved wife of the late Dr. Myer Snitman. Loving mother of Leslie Snitman and Marcy (Edward) Schreibman. Cherished sister of the late Harry and Louis Zalman. Mitzvah Memorial Funerals. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to The American Cancer Society..
(nee GLABMAN) 90. Beloved wife of the late Bernard Sokol. Loving mother of Gail (Jerry) Taxy and Ronnie Jo Sokol. Dear sister of Jerry Glabman. C erished grandmother of Benjamin (Stephanie) Taxy and Cara (Joshua) Gutstein. Adoring great-grandmother of Zachary Taxy and Teddy Gutstein. Fond sister-in-law of Barry Sokol. North Suburban Synagogue Beth El. Weinstein Funeral Homes. Shalom Memorial Park. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to The Bernard H. Sokol Hebrew High School, c/o North Suburban Synagogue Beth El, www.nssbethel.org.
77. Beloved wife of the late Mikhael Spektor. Devoted mother of Boris (Tamara) Spector and Igor (Victoria) Spector. Cherished grandmother of Arthur, Nicole, Eric and Dylan. Weinstein Funeral Home. Memorial Park Cemetery.
Loving wife of the late William Spiegel. Devoted mother of Anita Spiegel, Earl (Marjorie) Spiegel, Penny
(Richard) Block, Debbie Gomez and Alan (Eileen) Spiegel. Proud grandmother of Jess(Bonnie), Cory (Dayle), Jamie (Robb), Sari, Jarrett, Carli, Ben, Lauren, Joel and Marnie. Dear great-grandmother of Dylan, Samantha, Arianna, Max, Andrew and Nathan. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Westlawn Cemetery. Memorials to the Alzheimers Assoc. 8430 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60601, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPIEZER, JUNE M.
Wife of the late Francis Edward Spiezer. Mother of Joseph (Cathy), Aaron (Jacque) and David (Marlene) Spiezer. Grandmother of eight. Great-grandmother of nine great-grandchildren. Piser Funeral Services. Interment: Westlawn Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Rockford Art Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford, IL 61103
Beloved husband of Baila (nee OLIFF). Loving father of Jeanne, Robert (Eileen) and David (Lisa). Proud grandpa of Olivia, Ava and Spencer. Dear brother of Norman (the late Blanche) and brother-in-law of Roberta Oliff, Jay (Adrienne) Oliff and Diana Melton. Treasured uncle of Marsha, Cheryl, Denise, Brian, Andrew and Jamie. Devoted and dear friend of many. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Glenkirk, 3504 Commercial Avenue, Northbrook, Illinois 60062.
(nee KWIN ).Loving wife of William. Cherished mother of Phil (Alice) Bishaf, Janis (Gil) Bathgate, Paula (Howard) Jacobson and William's children. Adored grandmother of David and Rebecca Bishaf, Courtney and Ashley Bathgate, Matthew and Kimberly Kaplan. Dear sister of the late Eleanor (Norman) Helford and beloved aunt to her nieces and nephews. Congregation B'nai Jehoshua Beth Elohim. Interment: Randhill Cemetery. Memorial to the Congregation B'nai Jehoshua Beth Elohim, www.bjbe.org, or the pancreatic cancer organization www.KnowitFightitEndit.org.
STONE, LAWRENCE DR.
M.D., 65. Husband of Brenda Fox Stone. Father of Jason Kenneth, Marnie Kate and Karen Renee Stone. Twin brother of David N. Stone. Brother-in-law of Marcia Cooper Stone. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorial to Birthright Israel Foundation, P.O. Box 1784, New York, New York 10156 and to Congregation Beth Shalom, 3433 Walters Av., Northbrook, Il 60062.
(nee KAMIKOW), 89. Beloved wife the late Gilbert. Loving mother of Nancy Greenblatt and Susan Moshinsky. Proud grandmother of Garrick (Paulette) Greenblatt, Jesse Greenblatt, Jamie Moshinsky, and Jordan Moshinsky. Cherished great-grandmother of Adrian Greenblatt. Dear sister of Al (Evelyn) Kamikow, the late Morrie (the late Ethel) Kamikow, and Sally (the late Milton) Glantz. Chicago Jewish Funerals Chapel. Westlawn. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in her name to Midwest Palliative and Hospice CareCenter, 2050 Claire Court, Glenview, IL 60025, www.carecenter.org.
83. Loving husband of Alyce Heman and the late Arline Mandell Sussman. Father of Gail Sussman-Miller (Steve Miller), Sandra C. Sussman (Ronald N. Schnur), Randall Heman (Sharon), and Helene Heman. Brother of Eleanor Sussman and Marvin Sussman (Miguelle). Uncle of Marc Sussman (Mary), Michel Sussman (Sandy), Mathieu Sussman (Marie), Glenn Pyle and Paul Pyle (Cathey). Grandfather of Tracy Messina (Marcus), Ryan Miller (Helen) and Nissa Heman. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, P.O. Box 4072, Pittsfield MA 01202, or to Temple Beth El, 3610 Dundee Road, Northbrook IL 60062.
(nee ROCKOFF) 83. Beloved wife of the late Hymie. Loving mother of Andrea ( Steve ) Siegel, Wendy (Carl) Heusel, Leslie Tokerman. Proud grandmother of Darcy, Rebekah and David. Caring sister of Lester (the late Mary) Rockoff, the late Mildred (the late Henry) Axelrod, Gilbert (the late Sylvia) Rockoff and Gertrude (the late Bernard) Koniarski. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Menorah Gardens.
WAGNER, LOUIS "LABE"
Beloved husband of Joeine "Jo" (nee GOLDBERG). Devoted and loving father of Barry (Angela) Wagner and Eric (Tonya) Wagner. Proud grandfather of Nicole (Ben) Hicks, Zachary, Lacey and Joshua Wagner. Cherished great-grandfather of Nathan, Bradley and Lilly. Dear brother of Allen (Doris) Wagner and the late Ron (Ros) Wagner. Fond brother-in-law of Michael (Sallie) Goldberg and Marcy (Bill) McDonald. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Shalom. Memorials in his memory to the American Cancer Society 820 Davis Street Suite 400, Evanston, IL 60201, www.cancer.org.
Beloved husband of Elizabeth J. Waldner (nee SHEFCHIK). Dear brother of Agnes (the late Harry) Lewin. Loving uncle of many. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Sunset Memorial Lawns. Memorials to the American Heart Assn. 208 S. LaSalle St., Ste 1500 Chicago, IL 60604-9807, www.heart.org.
WASKIN, BELLE J.
74. Beloved wife of Michael. Loving mother of Holly (David) Hansburg and Ross (Lisa). Cherished grandma of Paxton, Zoe, Quincy and Addison. Shalom Memorial Funeral Home. Shalom Memorial Park.
(nee SAGNER), 81. Beloved wife of the late Alan. Loving mother of Steve and Susie (Paul) Redfern. Adored grandmother of Cory and Nick. Cherished sister of Gloria (late Sandy) Harris. Treasured aunt, cousin and friend of many. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to Little Friends, Inc. (non-profit serving children and adults with autism), 140 N. Wright St., Naperville, IL 60540.
WASSERMAN, HERBERT T.
68. Father of Ellyn. Dearest brother of Arlene (the late Jack) Suekov and the late Cecelia Soifer. Loving uncle and friend. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to St. Jude Children's Hospital, PO Box 1000, Dept. 142 Attn: Memorial Dept. Memphis, TN 38101.
WEISS, EVE WENET
(nee WEINBERG), 89. Loving wife of the late Alvin Weiss and the late Samuel Wenet. Cherished mother of Gary Wenet, Risë (Michael) Rapoport, and Marc (Deborah) Wenet. Adored grandmother of Simon Wenet, Sophie Wenet, Benjamin Wenet, Scott (Carolyn) Rapoport, and Amy Rapoport. Proud great- grandmother of Julia Rapoport. Dear sister of Gertrude (the late Bernard) Meyerowitz, the late Max (the late June) Weinberg, and the late Abe (the late Charlotte) Weinberg. Fond sister-in-law of Adeline (Danny) Marcus. Chicago Jewish Funerals. Interment: Shalom.
81. Cherished father of Garry Winer, Marc (Tina) Winer and Richard (Rachel) Winer. Devoted grandfather of Jacob, Ava, Alyssa, Emma and Jonah. Dear brother of Donna (Harry) Gordon and Carolyn (Joseph) Acenn. Temple Jeremiah. Memorial Park- Skokie. Silver Circle member of the Jewish United Fund. Memorials to The Robert H. Lurie Cancer Center of Northwestern University, 750 North Lake Shore Drive, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611.
Beloved husband of Peggy. Dear father of Carl and Kay (Dave). Grandfather of Ryan and Lindsay. Brother of Myron. Piser Funeral Services. Memorial Park Cemetery.
85. Beloved husband and best friend of Mildred "Millie" (nee SUSS). Loving father of Steven (Anne) and Robin Wold. Devoted and proud papa of Elise (Scott) Weiler and Daniel Wold. Dear brother of Mae (late Charles) Sheff and the late Philip, Morrie (late Marian), and Charles (late Natalie) Wold. Fond brother-in-law of the late Jack (late Marilyn) Suss. Treasured uncle, cousin and friend to many. The Chapel. The Goldman Funeral Group. Shalom Memorial Park. Memorials to the Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter, 2080 Claire Ct, Glenview, IL 60025.